Purchase Your Fascinate Online Tomorrow!

Discussion in 'Android News' started by DougDroid, Sep 7, 2010.

1. alemane213

alemane213 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    No I didn't return my X, just wanted a replacement. They ordered me a another new one and should get here soon. Although 2.1 let's us put applications on the SD card, it only allows you to do it with certain applications and even then you will lose the opportunity to run a widget if it has one.

2. gmorgan056

gmorgan056 Member

Ratings:
    +1
    Yes that to me is very odd. I'm not against Bing like them, but obviously you want to use google since it runs with everything else.

3. infinity8x3

infinity8x3 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Sorry If this has been asked before or is common knowledge. I have a droid 1 so I have never been bothered to research. But do the samsungs come with locked bootloaders? Are they locked down phones?

If they are then I will pass but if they are open it might be worth my time. I have heard good things about the hummingbird chipset and the samsung screens.

4. n0yxl

n0yxl Member

Ratings:
    +0
    2.2 is coming to Galaxy S phones at the end of the month. Weather or not VZW pushes it out to us at that time; is a different story.

5. tribeguy1971

tribeguy1971 Member

Ratings:
    +1
    Facinated

I currently have the original DROID and I am due for an upgrade and was comparing the fascinate and the X and then I stopped in my local radio shack and they had the EPIC . That phone is pure sweetness , but alas , it's on the sprint network (garbage) . Does anyone know if Samsung , or Motorola , will be coming out with a phone the size of the fascinate or the X that also has a slide out physical keyboard ? I bought the DROID because of the physical keyboard . I like touchscreens , but I definitely prefer and will only buy , to this point , a phone with a physical keyboard . Is there going to be something close to the EPIC for VZW is basically what I am asking ? Thanks for your help.

6. Dusty

Dusty Gold Member

Ratings:
    +597
    Current Phone Model:
    Pixel 3XL
    Did anyone bother reading the part about the phone being blocked from Google Apps? It run s Bing as it's primary search and map providers. The Google Android apps are hidden.

I declare this device "Touched by weakness."

7. Googleaddict

Googleaddict Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Why is everybody hating on the fascinate just because of bing?? Go to the market and install google maps. Just set google.com as your homepage in the browser. The Galaxy S phones are easily rootable, so in the first week the phone comes out there will already be roms that remove all the bloatware and re install the google search and maps. Not that big of a deal..

8. Dusty

Dusty Gold Member

Ratings:
    +597
    Current Phone Model:
    Pixel 3XL
    Someone will have to buy the phone and verify all of those things.

Who's first????

9. Martin030908

Martin030908 Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +0
    If I wanted Bing I'd have bought a MS Windows Mobile phone.

Haha.

I hope someone gets the device and can confirm what the situation is with this device and it's ties to Google apps.

10. tribeguy1971

tribeguy1971 Member

Ratings:
    +1
    Can anyone help ?

Does anyone know if MOTO or Samsung will be coming out with a 4+ inch screen and a sliding physical qwerty keyboard (similar to the epic4g)for VZW or does nobody know ? I love the droid X but I'm hesitant because it's all touch screen and I feel no need to move onto the droid 2 just to get a faster processor since otherwise it's the same phone . If anyone has info on a future release it would be greatly appreciated . I don't wanna upgrade my original droid til something similar but with a bigger screen appears . thanks again . I hope someone can help .

11. nwlake

nwlake New Member

Ratings:
    +0

It's not Moto or Samsung, but Htc is coming out with a 4 inch slider, world phone. I think it's perfect, but I have my X, and my next phone will be LTE.
    Verizon Android world phone at the FCC | Android Central

12. mkstn

mkstn Member

Ratings:
    +2
    I have never had good luck with Samsung products. They just had a commercial on TV that's funny. I would wait a long time before buying anything made by Samsung.