Purchase Your Fascinate Online Tomorrow!

n0yxl

Reaction score
Why does it not come with android 2.2 instead of 2.1, also wonder if they will include avatar like t-mobile did but probably not. My coworker got one and the video quality is nice.

2.2 is coming to Galaxy S phones at the end of the month. Weather or not VZW pushes it out to us at that time; is a different story.

tribeguy1971

Reaction score
Facinated

I currently have the original DROID and I am due for an upgrade and was comparing the fascinate and the X and then I stopped in my local radio shack and they had the EPIC . That phone is pure sweetness , but alas , it's on the sprint network (garbage) . Does anyone know if Samsung , or Motorola , will be coming out with a phone the size of the fascinate or the X that also has a slide out physical keyboard ? I bought the DROID because of the physical keyboard . I like touchscreens , but I definitely prefer and will only buy , to this point , a phone with a physical keyboard . Is there going to be something close to the EPIC for VZW is basically what I am asking ? Thanks for your help.

Dusty

Gold Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 3XL
Did anyone bother reading the part about the phone being blocked from Google Apps? It run s Bing as it's primary search and map providers. The Google Android apps are hidden.

I declare this device "Touched by weakness."

Googleaddict

Reaction score
Why is everybody hating on the fascinate just because of bing?? Go to the market and install google maps. Just set google.com as your homepage in the browser. The Galaxy S phones are easily rootable, so in the first week the phone comes out there will already be roms that remove all the bloatware and re install the google search and maps. Not that big of a deal..

Dusty

Gold Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 3XL
Someone will have to buy the phone and verify all of those things.

Who's first????

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
If I wanted Bing I'd have bought a MS Windows Mobile phone.

Haha.

I hope someone gets the device and can confirm what the situation is with this device and it's ties to Google apps.

tribeguy1971

Reaction score
Can anyone help ?

Does anyone know if MOTO or Samsung will be coming out with a 4+ inch screen and a sliding physical qwerty keyboard (similar to the epic4g)for VZW or does nobody know ? I love the droid X but I'm hesitant because it's all touch screen and I feel no need to move onto the droid 2 just to get a faster processor since otherwise it's the same phone . If anyone has info on a future release it would be greatly appreciated . I don't wanna upgrade my original droid til something similar but with a bigger screen appears . thanks again . I hope someone can help .

nwlake

Reaction score
Does anyone know if MOTO or Samsung will be coming out with a 4+ inch screen and a sliding physical qwerty keyboard (similar to the epic4g)for VZW or does nobody know ? I love the droid X but I'm hesitant because it's all touch screen and I feel no need to move onto the droid 2 just to get a faster processor since otherwise it's the same phone . If anyone has info on a future release it would be greatly appreciated . I don't wanna upgrade my original droid til something similar but with a bigger screen appears . thanks again . I hope someone can help .

It's not Moto or Samsung, but Htc is coming out with a 4 inch slider, world phone. I think it's perfect, but I have my X, and my next phone will be LTE.
Verizon Android world phone at the FCC | Android Central

mkstn

Reaction score
I have never had good luck with Samsung products. They just had a commercial on TV that's funny. I would wait a long time before buying anything made by Samsung.

donerico

Reaction score
I have seen nothing yet that makes me salivate

Sure, since I got my D1 in November quite a few phones with slightly better specs have come out, but nothing that is a sufficiently big jump in technology that makes me unhappy with my D1. I am perfectly content to wait until something really different comes out. I have to say that this is the first time I have bought a smart phone and am still happy with it 10 months later! that is a loooooooong time when it comes to smart phones, and speaks volumes for the D1. A rarity for me who always wants the latest and greatest in high-tech.