Purchase decision thoughts?

TDL1068

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo
I'm wondering if anyone has any input on if the Moto X 2nd Gen is a good purchase decision. I really like the thought of pure android and the features this phone offers are attractive as well. My only reservation is my poor experiences with my previous two Motorola phones. The Droid 2 and Droid Razr Maxx. They both had too many buggy, laggy performance issues to list. I'm probably more technically inclined than most others I know so I'm quite sure my previous issues were not self induced. Any thoughts if I should take a chance on the Moto X 2nd Gen and why would be welcomed. At the moment I'm seriously doubting if I should take the risk based on past experiences. Thanks in advance for your thoughts. Much appreciated.

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Friend of mine has it and loves it. I've messed around with it for a little bit and it's smooth as can be. Beautiful screen, features are awesome, great form factor, and you can customize it any way you'd like.

I haven't had a Moto device since the OG Droid, and none of the ones between then and the Moto X onward, interested me. Moto really started from the ground up again with the original Moto X, and that train of thought continues on with their newer devices. They put user experience first and it really shows.

I think you'd be happy with a Moto device. I'm strongly considering one myself and look forward to possibly being reunited with Moto. Their radios are top notch, hardware is certainly up there, and they've pretty much reinvented themselves. It's an exciting chapter for Moto and I can only see them as a top player in the game again once more.

StephenC

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto X (2nd Gen)
I just picked up a white/bamboo Moto X yesterday from Verizon I had the previous generation Moto X, and previously had the Droid RAZR, Droid RAZR M, Droid Pro, and Droid 2 Global. By far, both Moto X devices have been exceptional compared to the older phones. I had no issues with the first gen for the last 6 months of ownership. The 2nd gen is almost the same phone, but larger and with quicker response times. And the phone itself is super classy; even my iPhone snob friends like it.

StupidGenius

Reaction score
I've had mine for about 2 weeks now. Very happy and satisfied with it. As far as performance and lag, none that I can report. This thing is smooth as silk. Battery life concerns have disappeared as well. I average about 3.5-4 hrs of SOT with ~20% left before bed, but a power-user would likely have to charge again late in the day. To me, the phone feels exceptional in the hand. Also, considering the update history of the X, this will likely be close behind Nexus devices in that respect.

add119

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
To many look at my signature.
I'm waiting for 64gb model. Motorola isn't going to do April fool on me. I bought the moto x last January 32Gb then Motorola released the 64 GB in May. I wait for 64 GB at least and no I don't want nexus 6 either.