Puntuation during Texting on a Droid 2

celticmoon14

Reaction score
This literally just started today! When I use the touch screen to text and hit the comma or period key, it shows it in blue above the actual key and freezes. It seems to be fine in the messenger apps that I have, but still not in the text screen. I have to power it down every single time to get it back, and it repeats the same action. Anyone else having this problem? I just took this over from my sister and loved it til now!:angry:

lmgovin

Reaction score
I'm having the same issue - just started last night. It's not app specific either as it's happening when I try to text or post of FB or email. I have tried changing settings, removing battery and nothing is working. :angry:

OP
C

celticmoon14

Reaction score
I ended up doing a factory reset, and it worked again. Complete pain to get everything back, but cheaper than a replacement. Good luck k!

chrstdvd

Reaction score
Does this problem occur with the slide out Keyboard? What keyboard are you using, et. stock or one from Market?

If stock go to Settings > Language and Keyboard > Built in keyboard and un-check each item and see if that clears up the problem.

If not go to market and try a different keyboard. Many to choose from. I use Thumbs. After you get a new app you have to set it up in settings, choose it as default and a few other personal preferences.

lmgovin

Reaction score
Thanks! I'll try getting one from market. It was both the sliding keypad and the normal one - if that doesn't work I'll try the reset. I had already unchecked all settings and it still did it.