Pulled the trigger...

OP
etx_droid

etx_droid

Reaction score
Yeah, didn't make much sense to me either. But I did get a decent deal outta the whole thing so it wasn't all bad. Like I've said before, thank you so much for trying!
So did you actually get it cheaper than a normal full upgrade would be (and cheaper than Wirefly)? Or did they just give it to you at the upgrade price even though you weren't fully qualified?

It was 20 bucks off of Wirefly's price so they did pretty good. They ended up giving me my new every two early.

OP
etx_droid

etx_droid

Reaction score
Yeah, didn't make much sense to me either. But I did get a decent deal outta the whole thing so it wasn't all bad. Like I've said before, thank you so much for trying!
So did you actually get it cheaper than a normal full upgrade would be (and cheaper than Wirefly)? Or did they just give it to you at the upgrade price even though you weren't fully qualified?

It was 20 bucks off of Wirefly's price so they did pretty good. They ended up giving me my new every two early.

Scratch that, they actually equaled Wirefly's price. I was looking at the NEW contract price, not the upgrade price...

hxx

Reaction score
Today is my first day of being a proud android user. I just wanna say hi to everybody.

After several days of going to verizon store and back and playing with at least 5 different phones i narrowed it down to 2: droid x 2 or incredible 2.

I've never owned a smartphone so this was a bit of a learning curve for me. After playing with several phones i started to realize that manufacturers cut some serious corners with 4G LTE phones - found them to be either to think, large, not enough battery, poor screen, lacking some features like a good camera, or just plain ugly ( i mean take a look at the charge, good god lol).

So i narrowed it down to 2 phones x2 and incredible 2. On paper the x2 seems fantastic but the whole dual core debacle kinda reminded me of the old days when people were "fighting" over which desktop processor is better: a fast single core or a dual core, and of course no software took advantage of the dual core process back then.And the situation repeated itself when quad cores were out.

I was right (i think). As i was playing with both phones i couldn't tell that the x2 had a better processor.. in fact the incredible 2 seemed snappier than the x2 but its safe to say that in real life usage they're both just as fast. I'm sure there's a benchmark out there saying the X2 is 2 times faster but I sure didn't notice that in 5 hours of playing games and runnng apps on both phones. I liked the screen on the x2 although it does look a bit "blurry" once you take a closer look ( and i read something similar about the qhd screen of the x2 ). There is also a predominant blue-ish color on the x2 that at first it seemed cool but after a few hours of playing with it i started to despise it. Not a big deal but defintely not a plus.

In the end i decided to go for the incredible 2 . I liked it so much that i almost threw the iphone 4 that i was also holding in my hand on the floor :rofl3:.

I think its the best looking phone at verizon and i definitely prefer a smaller size (4 inch) than a bigger size (4.3) screen. I'm still learning about the os and apps and... everything else, but this phone sure delivered a very good first impression, especially for looks, screen, and responsiveness.

I posted this long and boring wall of text because i was really frustrated with which phone to go with and I hope that I can help others with the same dilemma. Its hard to choose between the x2 and the incredible 2 as both are excellent phones, but at the end of the day i think that the incredible 2 offers a better overal package.

Last edited:

Droid noob

Reaction score
Totally agree with ya. I actually landed on this phone completely reverse of you lol. I went in on the day this phone happened to come out. Was going to get an iPhone 4 and fell in love with things Dinc2. I never even looked at the thunderbolt lol. Anyway, i started having doubts and went back in to play with the charge and thunderbolt. Im with you on the charge..... It looks very cheap with those huge buttons. I like the bolt, but there are waytoo many complaints on these forums for me to switch. This will be a great phone until they get the 4g more stable and better battery life out of the 4g

Sent 2 u via Incredible 2

hxx

Reaction score
you're right, i would have gotten the thunderbolt in a heartbeat if it wasn't for the battery life. the guy behind the counter kept on telling me that i can turn features off like the 4g among others, but then what's the point of buying a 4g phone if you're not gonna use it most times? lol.... never quite understood that and i thought it was pretty funny.

As far as the iphone 4, i played with it for a few minutes but it feels so far behind any android phone available at verizon/

But yeah so far i'm lovin the Incr 2.

devinhfox

Reaction score
Loving the inc2, only weak point so far is the power button.
Lol

Sent from my ADR6350 using Tapatalk

papaandroid

Reaction score
I did all of the research I could before getting the Dinc2, the Tbolt is like a brick, 14oz (16oz equals a pound), very thick and could be registered as a dangerous weapon :). I would need a policeman's utility belt to carry it. Or, 'is that a Tbolt in your pocket or are you just happy to see me?' Very happy with the Dinc2, not too big and does everything I need it to and more.