Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
I'm so pumped. Gotta pay a little interest on it, but it's worth it to me to be able to make payments and get it sooner. My inner nerd is having a meltdown. I went back to the Huawei site just to give it a try since the financing was broken the other day. I was sure I'd get the same error message, but it loaded up, asked for my info, and away I went. It's only a 12-month situation, so payments will be chunky, but at least they'll be over that much quicker.

Anybody wanna buy a Note 4 soon?

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
I'm so pumped. Gotta pay a little interest on it, but it's worth it to me to be able to make payments and get it sooner. My inner nerd is having a meltdown. I went back to the Huawei site just to give it a try since the financing was broken the other day. I was sure I'd get the same error message, but it loaded up, asked for my info, and away I went. It's only a 12-month situation, so payments will be chunky, but at least they'll be over that much quicker.

Anybody wanna buy a Note 4 soon?
I just sold mine on swappa. It sold in less than two weeks.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
I just sold mine on swappa. It sold in less than two weeks.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk
All I want is whatever I still owe on the Edge Plan for it, which seems to be around what everyone's asking on Swappa for them. Glad to hear they're still selling though. I think I'm in good shape since Sammy decided to go without the sd card and removable battery on the 5. I'm sure that's given lots of people the will to go with the 4 instead.

If I don't sell it, I'll finish off the payments and keep it around for a spare/etc, but I wouldn't mind being done with those payments since I'll be starting on these in November.

kas1229

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 4 verizon
Man...this phone addiction is as bad as sex and drugs...lol

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
Man...this phone addiction is as bad as sex and drugs...lol

Yeah. I probably never should've come back to the forum. I took a long hiatus and had the S4 for most of that time, but now that I'm back with a vengeance, I'm swapping phones like I used to.

I did, however, promise my wife that my next phone will last me at least 2 years, so I'll have no choice but to slow down moving forward. Still in the honeymoon phase and I'd like to stay there. ;)

popcenator

Droid X Rescue Squad
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
The forum resurrected my phone obsession as well. After the GNex, I was happy with the G2 as it was because it just worked so I didn't have the desire to root or search for phones. Which in turn weaned me off the forums. When I started checking them again it all came back.

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
Just one post, man. I just need one post to get me by. I swear I won't fall back into swapping phones again. I just need a little taste.

I doubt I'll root this phone or anything like that. I'm just so dang ready to have vanilla Android on my phone again.

bkdodger

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 10+
Root root ...you gotta brother.. Don't even set up the phone till you unlock and root it first.. You can still keep it stock

NexusSix

kas1229

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 4 verizon
The forum resurrected my phone obsession as well. After the GNex, I was happy with the G2 as it was because it just worked so I didn't have the desire to root or search for phones. Which in turn weaned me off the forums. When I started checking them again it all came back.

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk
I agree with you and Johnny both it's forum that's root of this obsession...bab bad forum. No but seriously It's a lot of true in what you guys saying.

OP
cynkrzy

cynkrzy

Platinum Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL
Just one post, man. I just need one post to get me by. I swear I won't fall back into swapping phones again. I just need a little taste.

I doubt I'll root this phone or anything like that. I'm just so dang ready to have vanilla Android on my phone again.

No Root ? Really ?
I'll probably unlock the bootloader, install a custom recovery, and make a nandroid before I even set it up!

The reason I got a Nexus was so I could do all that.

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
I just don't see any reason for root. I mean, sure, I could root it just to root it, but idk why I'd need to. Back in the day, I overclocked the cpu, had a screenshot app (before that became a standard feature) and stuff like that, but none of those things are really necessary imo these days.

I can't say that I'll never root it, but I'll only do so if there's some amazing thing that I just have to have that requires it. I'm in the same boat I was with the OG Droid before I got into rooting, rom'ing, and theming. I've come full circle. Haha!

If I'm not gonna run any custom rom, I REALLY don't see a point in rooting it. I like knowing it's all possible though, especially coming from the Note 4.