Pulled the Trigger - 64gb!

cynkrzy

Platinum Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL
I haven't done anything this rash since the Galaxy Nexus, hope it's a worthy replacement to my Note II.

Having to wait 5-6 weeks for it to ship is going to be tough. Ah well "Good things come to those that wait" right ?

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
If you're still hanging on to a Note 2, I think you'll be more than happy with this new device! Might take a while to find apps/etc that can replace some of the bells and whistles that TouchWiz brings with it, but the specs on this new phone would melt that old Note.

Congrats!

Reactions: cr6
OP
cynkrzy

cynkrzy

Platinum Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL
If you're still hanging on to a Note 2, I think you'll be more than happy with this new device! Might take a while to find apps/etc that can replace some of the bells and whistles that TouchWiz brings with it, but the specs on this new phone would melt that old Note.

Congrats!

Congrats again... Yes you will be just fine with the speed and smoothness bump.. There will always be an app..

S6E+ tapatalk

Thanks Fellas. Funny thing is, I don't really use much of TouchWiz. 'Bout the only thing I'll miss is the lockscreen. I really am a minimalist in many ways, and all the apps I use on My TW ROM'd Note II are available still. I'll just need to grab my Quickpik.apk - I don't want the new version.

Really looking forward to AOSP! I kind of regretted selling my Galaxy Nexus. And have hung on to the Note II for a whole lot longer than I would have thought.

bkdodger

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 10+
Thanks Fellas. Funny thing is, I don't really use much of TouchWiz. 'Bout the only thing I'll miss is the lockscreen. I really am a minimalist in many ways, and all the apps I use on My TW ROM'd Note II are available still. I'll just need to grab my Quickpik.apk - I don't want the new version.

Really looking forward to AOSP! I kind of regretted selling my Galaxy Nexus. And have hung on to the Note II for a whole lot longer than I would have thought.
It's going to be awesome.. Development is solid.. And so many choices you will have a chance to enjoy it again.. It's a great switch for you now after being away..

S6E+ tapatalk

OP
cynkrzy

cynkrzy

Platinum Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL
Lot's to learn I'm sure. The ROM I'm running is based on JellyBean. That's how long it's been.

So @bkdodger will this phone get it's own Forum ? Or will I need to work on my Frequent Flyer Miles here ;-)

OP
cynkrzy

cynkrzy

Platinum Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL
I would like to see how it runs on the Verizon network before pulling the gun. How soon before real world tests.... scratch, drop, speed come out?

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Got the 128GB graphite. Giving my LG G3 to my daughter.

And then there were 2! Nice. I got the same color as well.

Jeffrey

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7 Plus JB
Congrats @cynkrzy you made a good choice. let us know your thoughts when it arrives.