Pulled down an update

TDL1068

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo
Gotcha. I had another issue, but not finding anyone else that had it. Guess I'm just special? :)

wardo

Reaction score
Just updated this morning. It better fix the call quality issues. I have never had a phone be so terrible during a simple phone call

wardo

Reaction score
Just made a call and its still terrible. I'm calling Verizon. This is ridiculous

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
Seemed to fix my call bug. Every time I call me wifes iPhone that past few days, I can't hear her and have to call back. Every single time for the past 3 days. After this update, that seems fixed.

My gallery is still broken and my "Approach To Wake" seems to be broken. My battery life has never been great. Starting to wonder if I got a lemon. I always seem to get one.
May try a FDR when I have time or when L comes.
The shine has come off my Turbo. :D

//EDIT// Got Approach to Wake working...

Last edited:
OP
94lt1

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Seemed to fix my call bug. Every time I call me wifes iPhone that past few days, I can't hear her and have to call back. Every single time for the past 3 days. After this update, that seems fixed.

My gallery is still broken and my "Approach To Wake" seems to be broken. My battery life has never been great. Starting to wonder if I got a lemon. I always seem to get one.
May try a FDR when I have time or when L comes.
The shine has come off my Turbo. :D

//EDIT// Got Approach to Wake working...
Have you tried the obvious?? Clear cache and force close gallery... Reboot. . See what it does?

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
Yea, several times. Found a .noimages file and deleted that. That actually seemed to make it worse.
Now if I clear the Cache it only shows pictures I take from that point forward even though clearly the rest of my pics are there.
I am using QuickPic as a work around which is actually pretty superior to the Gallery. Nice to be able to resize screenshots so I can upload them from my phone through Tapa. Making Folders is nice, too.
I know Lollipop pretty much kills the Gallery completely so I'm not to concerned right now. Although PHOTOS seems broken too, as was the MY ROLL app I was using so I suspect the problem is much deeper then just the Gallery.

OP
94lt1

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Wow.. Sounds like you have a corrupt data issue..

Are you using a file Explorer?? You might try moving all of your pics onto your pc.. Clear data and force close.. Anything after that.. I'd say fdr..

I had this issue once.. I downloaded a pic editor.. This was on a maxx.. When i deleted the app.. All of my pics were corrupt... I was able to recover some.. But had to delete most... But moving them and clearing data on the gallery app.. Then moving them back, solved the issue.. But i did a fdr right after. . I hate buggy phones..

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
ES Explorer, naturally. ;) That's how I knew I wasn't screwed when this happened to my away from a PC in Las Vegas, of all places. Apparently what happens in Vegas not only stays in Vegas, but corrupts your phone, as well. :D

Yea, I really hate to FDR. My phone is so "app'ed" out. I will mess with it later. Pics are backed up to DropBox, so...

wardo

Reaction score
Can't wait to get rid of this thing and go back to a Samsung

grenefroggie

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Nexus 5
Samsung isn't any better in terms of updates.

Reactions: cr6

cr6

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.dronewolfmedia.com
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S7 Edge
Twitter
@dronewolfmedia
Agreed! But they have been improving in this area the last couple of major updates, and that's a refreshing change. (It's anyone's guess if this trend will continue)

S5 tap'n

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
Can't wait to get rid of this thing and go back to a Samsung

I haven't followed you in any problems you've indicated with your Turbo. What kinds of things about it make you want to go back to Samsung (not that Samsung is a bad choice in any stretch of the imagination - it clearly outsells the Motorola phones)?

grenefroggie

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Nexus 5
Let's not forget, you should have done a full backup, wipe, install, restore.

This would likely have saved you some trouble.

If you did this already, pardon me, it's been a long car ride.

wardo

Reaction score
I haven't followed you in any problems you've indicated with your Turbo. What kinds of things about it make you want to go back to Samsung (not that Samsung is a bad choice in any stretch of the imagination - it clearly outsells the Motorola phones)?
I haven't really posted my complaints because for the most part they are preferences rather than problems.

Call quality is all time worst for any phone I've owned.

No menu button is annoying on a few apps I use.

The back button is on the left

Volume button only let's you change the ringer or media sound depending what's open. You have to walk through 4 steps to change them at the same time

The active display only works 80% of the time. I'm not sure what the bottom RED sensors are for because they don't open the screen the same as the top one.

Call quality is enough to hate the phone for the most part. The advance calling creates more issue than it is useful. I regularly need Google maps checking traffic while I'm on a call. If I turn the AC off the call quality seems to be better but then I can't use maps.

Last edited: