Pulldown

9wire

Reaction score
Is there a reliable way to edit the carrier text? Root Tools doesn't work, had the editor in terminal, I get an error saying it needs to be edify. Also kinda miss my custom pulldown backgrounds I had on GB. Tried to apply it, wouldn't take.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

cubsfan187

Reaction score
Root tools does work. When you apply it, make sure it doesn't say 'unable to mount system to read/write." THen you will have problems getting it to stick. Sometimes you need to apply it 2-3 times before rebooting to get it.

OP

9wire

Reaction score
No joy. Don't get any errors, runs normally, but still says verizon.

cubsfan187

Reaction score
I would suggest wiping dalvik and doing a permissions fix in either CW or rom manager. See if that helps you.

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score
I got Root Tools to work. The first time, it force closed along with about 10 other apps. The second time, it worked but after I rebooted, my wallpaper changed.

CM74DX

OP

9wire

Reaction score
I would suggest wiping dalvik and doing a permissions fix in either CW or rom manager. See if that helps you.

Tried it, no luck. Maybe by the time we get a final release of cm7. Strange how I read about so many different issues, but not that many people having the SAME issue. Not of thee various problems I've had discourage me in the slightest, I was a cm doubter for a long time, but within a day of installing on my dx I became an instant true believer.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums