Pulldown Toggles for Bionic (and a few other questions)

Reaction score
I came from a DX1 and DX2. So I mainly was on the sister site -DXF. Now that I have the Bionic also, you guys are stuck with me too. Lmao!

I searched all over and can't find this anywhere and I am surprised. But Navendrob ported the Atrix ROM to the X2 and with it, it has the pulldown toggles. He also made a flashable zip for the X2 on 2.3.3 stock.

Pulldown toggles for 2.3.3 Droid X2 - xda-developers

[Q] Pulldown UI toggles how to install - Page 2 - xda-developers (post #13)

Anyone able to do this for the Bionic? I don't know why everyone else hase the pulldown toggles - even the Atrix with Blur has it. But we always seem to get things taken out.

I tried this on my X2 but couldn't quite get it to work. And Naven made the flashable zip (which I have the SystemUI.apk if anyone wants it to tweak). So then I downloaded it and had it going. And I would have tried it again with my Bionic, but my laptop decided to go bouncing along the hard floor. So now I'm OOS (out of service) until I can get another laptop. My Bionic came with 2.3.4 already on it. I'm not sure if it had 2.3.3 on rollout and then got an OTA recently.

Also, off topic, I can't get bootstrap to load on boot. Am I retarded? Or is that not working right now? And does Tenfar's recovery work like it does on the X2? For anyone not familoar with it, he worked with Koush on this for the Atrix. And it was written for the Atrix. But it happens to work on the Droid 3 and X2. And it hijacks the battery screen when turned off and plugged in (it goes into bootstrap thst way). It would be invaluable for us if it does work.

And what's this fixing something with fastboot I saw in a number of forums?

*Edited

"Patriotism is supporting your Country at all times. And your government only when it deserves it" --Mark Twain

Last edited:

alm0614

Reaction score
definitely interested, love the pull down toggles

z96Cobra

Reaction score
I'm using Widgetsoid from the market to add those. It works pretty well and you can add whatever you want to the bar. I can't get the reboot button to work though (I am rooted).

OP
firefighterguy
Reaction score
I downloaded Widgetzoid from the Market, and couldn't figure it out. Lol. And whatever was put on, seemed to be a shortcut rather than a "toggle" per se. I'm sure I was screwing it up somewhere.

I also was trying SynControl out. And had the same things.

"Patriotism is supporting your Country at all times. And your government only when it deserves it" --Mark Twain

jayman350

Reaction score
I downloaded Widgetzoid from the Market, and couldn't figure it out. Lol. And whatever was put on, seemed to be a shortcut rather than a "toggle" per se. I'm sure I was screwing it up somewhere.

I also was trying SynControl out. And had the same things.

widgetzoid essentially puts shortcuts to the toggles in the pulldown, not the actual toggles themselves. I tried it out and didn't like that I couldn't toggle right from the pulldown. I use quick settings to toggle different things, it is activated by a long press on the search button.

OP
firefighterguy
Reaction score
Thats what I found too - that it wasn't true toggle switches in the pulldown. At least you helped me realize I wasn't a complete goof on it! Lol

Guys, for all those interested check this out -
www.mydroidworld.com/forums/showthread.php?t=9519

Stories

Reaction score
This requires a framework modification. So it's a little bit more involved than just an app, sadly.

OP
firefighterguy
Reaction score
DroidJunk at mydroidworld has a lot of mods.and with it, he has pulldown toggles.

I just tested it out and it works beautifully. I didn't do the whole thing. All I did was change out the SystemUI.apk. if you don't want to do it via a comuter, it is still an option even for just switching out the SystemUI.apk like I did. I copied the SystemUI.apk from the zip into /data/app/ and changed the permissions (to rw-r-r-- ) then moved it to /system/app/ with Root Explorer and then rebooted. And it works great.

www.mydroidworld.com/forums/droid-b...l-pulldown-remove-vz-lockscreen-pulldown.html

Just thought I'd post that for anyone who is interested.

Last edited:
OP
firefighterguy
Reaction score
Sorry for the double post here is a screenshot.

jayman350

Reaction score
have you noticed any problems w/ the banner saying "DROID BIONIC" instead of Verizon Wireless?

OP
firefighterguy
Reaction score
Nope. None. All that happened to get the "Droid Bionic" instead of "Verizon Wireless" - if you are familiar with theming - was the png or picture was changed along with the xml associated with it, if any.

But, no. No probs whatsoever. The easiest way, instead of doing all the stuff he says to do, is just switch your SystemUI.apk's. But SAVE YOUR ORIGIINAL SYSTEMUI.APK! Just incase you wanted to go back to stock. This will also 'stick'after a wipe.

Last edited:

jayman350

Reaction score
cool, I'll be checking this out very soon. I kinda thought it was just changing the pic, but i figured i would ask. Glad you mentioned swapping out the systemUI.apk b/c I was planning on flashing the zip in clockworkmod.

Nyteravyn

Reaction score
if your rooted and want that pull down switches, the [R3}Blurr3d v1.7 pbx rom has the switches built in, the rom is running lightning fast with few if any issues and a hell of a team supporting it nightly or close to it... might give it a whorl...
they have made a convert to the dark side out of me ;) i just cannot get enough of modding now...

jayman350

Reaction score
I have been keeping an eye on the roms that are coming out for the Bionic. I was a flashing fiend on my OG, some days I was spending more time in recovery than in android. I have decided that I am going to wait a little bit until most of the kinks are ironed out, I saw some stuff about contacts no syncing correctly, etc.

I am actually liking Blur so far, this version seems to be a lot better than previous ones. But damn it took forever to set up all of my accounts and I don't want to go through it again....yet