Pull Down Status Bar Widgets

c_hale22

Theme Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Im new to Saphire but I think its a top notch rom but am I missing something or is there no Power Widget in the Status Bar Pull Down. If not I wonder why cvpcs chose not to include this.? Thanks for the great rom.

Last edited:

Tanknspank

Beta Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
He chose not to include it at this point because it is a TON of coding and he has had other things to work on.

He has said he might add it at some point.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

OP
c_hale22

c_hale22

Theme Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
He chose not to include it at this point because it is a TON of coding and he has had other things to work on.

He has said he might add it at some point.

Makes sense, thanks tank.

Tsusai

Reaction score
That feature is buggy still in CM6, because if you use titanium backup to restore settings it goes crazy. (invisible selection)

Tanknspank

Beta Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
That feature is buggy still in CM6, because if you use titanium backup to restore settings it goes crazy. (invisible selection)

It's not recommended to restore data for anything in the /system with TB though, so I really wouldn't call it a bug of the feature.

Cvpcs said that if he does this, he is going to write his own implementation, since cyanogens would require a lot of reworking anyway.

DigiK

Reaction score
Putting my vote in for status bar power widget development. I recently switched over from CM to Sapphire after putting up with memory leak issues for way too long. Sapphire is really an outstanding blend of features, stability, and speed; and development of the power widget would pretty much make it the perfect ROM.

H4zyBuddha

Reaction score
Check out quick settings from the market. Not quite as good as pulldown power options but better than nothing. Lots of customization too.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

microsnook

Reaction score
They should fix the D2 rom, and add the powercontrols in the pulldown bar as well :D
I would love this. And I would donate.

ukyfan

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
OK, since I haven't really used much other than stock and Sapphire I guess I have no idea what a :pull Down Status Bar Widget" is/ does. Could someone post a screenshot just so I can see what you all are talking about? I am guessing I have seen it a million times, but just never really paid that much attention to it.

H4zyBuddha

Reaction score
Imagine the power control widget u can add to your desktop, but in the status pulldown bar. Power controls can be controlled without having to go to the main screen, and it eliminates a widget from the homescreens

Sent from a smoke filled room

Tanknspank

Beta Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
Imagine the power control widget u can add to your desktop, but in the status pulldown bar. Power controls can be controlled without having to go to the main screen, and it eliminates a widget from the homescreens

Sent from a smoke filled room

Plus you can have an unlimited amount of them, choose which ones you want, and it scrolls (or so that is what cvpcs intends it to do) so they don't get to small.