Public Beta 0.12.18.0

yakitori

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
sadly I have become disappointed with MIUI. I personally think that the chinese devs need to fix the problems that already exist instead of trying to add a bunch of new features...and creating more bugs that they keep procrastinating on.

Anyway, I love miui, and will return...but for now..I have grown irritated with the fc's, reboots, and broken features. Just stuff that should work like saving pics with mms.

No foul meant to the awesome guys that bring miui to us. You guys are awesome. Its unfortunate that keeping my fingers crossed each week that stability will come is only wishful thinking. I will gladly be back on miui as soon as the rom is stable.

I tried out UD2.5 and so far I really like it. Lots of cool features....and fast and smooth.

I will still be on though...and Im sure in a week or two Ill flash miui again to see progress, but for my daily driver...its not enough.

:p

Dj Carpenter

Silver Member
Reaction score
sadly I have become disappointed with MIUI. I personally think that the chinese devs need to fix the problems that already exist instead of trying to add a bunch of new features...and creating more bugs that they keep procrastinating on.

Anyway, I love miui, and will return...but for now..I have grown irritated with the fc's, reboots, and broken features. Just stuff that should work like saving pics with mms.

No foul meant to the awesome guys that bring miui to us. You guys are awesome. Its unfortunate that keeping my fingers crossed each week that stability will come is only wishful thinking. I will gladly be back on miui as soon as the rom is stable.

I tried out UD2.5 and so far I really like it. Lots of cool features....and fast and smooth.

I will still be on though...and Im sure in a week or two Ill flash miui again to see progress, but for my daily driver...its not enough.

Just throwing this out there. You can save pictures. I did a full wipe before flashing 12.11 and to save pics all you have to do is click on the picture which enlarges it, then long press and it will ask you to save image.

yakitori

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score

Just throwing this out there. You can save pictures. I did a full wipe before flashing 12.11 and to save pics all you have to do is click on the picture which enlarges it, then long press and it will ask you to save image.

that didnt work consistently. It only worked a couple times for me. Most single text pic messages for me would load in gallery, and long pressing did nothing.

Thats not the only reason. Just too many bug issues for me. choppy scrolling, mysterious reboots, force closes...and the direction the chinese devs are taking it w/o fixing what is already not working properly.

Dj Carpenter

Silver Member
Reaction score

that didnt work consistently. It only worked a couple times for me. Most single text pic messages for me would load in gallery, and long pressing did nothing.

Thats not the only reason. Just too many bug issues for me. choppy scrolling, mysterious reboots, force closes...and the direction the chinese devs are taking it w/o fixing what is already not working properly.

Yeah, I understand. I was just mentioning it. I only tried it once so I didn't know if it was consistent or not. I do love the new features they include each time though but I do agree on the bugs. I don't have many though. Only a few reboots and scrolling has been good since I use LP. Not many closes either now that I think about it. I guess I'm getting lucky. Seems to reboot when I'm trying to do something important though haha. Good timing I guess.

Dj Carpenter

Silver Member
Reaction score
On a side note, why does every one of my themes say (old version)? I know some of been updated but not every one.

Manigma77

Reaction score
Im back on cm. Tried 12-18 and 12/11 and just not depedable enough. Cm is adding new features all the time and allready has more features than miui. Miui is more about eye candy than anything. Good luck to all. Cya around.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

leonozug

Reaction score
UPDATE: Everything WAS going great for me....sync worked, no force closes, until I tried to use the phone and contacts. It keeps force closing. Damn, things were working so well too!! Oh well, this is BETA, gotta see what can fix it....cause other than the phone and contacts problem it was money!! : (

Last edited:

killjoylm1

Reaction score
UPDATE: Everything WAS going great for me....sync worked, no force closes, until I tried to use the phone and contacts. It keeps force closing. Damn, things were working so well too!! Oh well, this is BETA, gotta see what can fix it....cause other than the phone and contacts problem it was money!! : (

Same here :(

napes22

Reaction score
Have there been any discussions around fixing the SMS timestamp delay in the app? It's been a bug sitting around for a while, and I'd love to see it worked on. This isn't a flaming post, I'm just curious of the progress, or status.

LilBit

Reaction score

Same here :(

yeah both force close on me too :(

StealthMode

Reaction score
Have you guys been repairing permissions? That has always worked well for me, especially after a fresh install and app restorations.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

LilBit

Reaction score
Have you guys been repairing permissions? That has always worked well for me, especially after a fresh install and app restorations.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

in the process of doing that now lol....thank for the suggestion tho :)

LilBit

Reaction score
just tried to fix permissions through rom manager, it didn't work......