PSX4Droid => General Discussion

Diordna

Reaction score
Okay, so I tried downloading Wipeout XL. It came as a zip file called: "WipEout XL (USA).zip".

Inside this is a folder called "WipEout XL (USA)". Inside this folder are 11 ".APE" files, a ".CUE" file, and a ".7Z" file. What do I do with these to play in PSX4Droid?

download a program on ur pc called 7zip....use that to extract the .7z file.....after that make sure the extracted file is in .bin format or any other supported format.

I did this and got a "data.bin.ecm" file. PSX4Droid does not recognize this.
No, it doesn't. That's why you download the unecm.exe file (google it) and place it on your desktop. Then click and drag the data.bin.ecm file over the unecm.exe and it'll start converting.

*note: I think you have to extract the unecm to get the "unecm.exe" file which you put on your desktop*

Hope this helps!

studepaber

Reaction score
Hey all, long-time reader first-time poster. Running PSX4DROID on my Stock Droid 2.1. It runs most games ok although a little slow, but with Froyo 2.2 coming out soon (next week would be great) should that increase this app's performance?

Also....

To those with rooted Droid's running 2.2 can you notice a huge difference when you do/don't overclock?

Reaction score
Hey all, long-time reader first-time poster. Running PSX4DROID on my Stock Droid 2.1. It runs most games ok although a little slow, but with Froyo 2.2 coming out soon (next week would be great) should that increase this app's performance?

Also....

To those with rooted Droid's running 2.2 can you notice a huge difference when you do/don't overclock?
Yes i notice a huge difference between stock speed and running at 1Ghz+, also running cm6 on the latest nightly build playing ff7 fullspeed.

kevenz

Reaction score
I can confirm that converting .bin files to .pbp (eboot) works as good as before but the games are 30-40% smaller so it's pretty good....... I'm going to convert all of 'em to save space on my sd card.

mjforte

Reaction score
I can confirm that converting .bin files to .pbp (eboot) works as good as before but the games are 30-40% smaller so it's pretty good....... I'm going to convert all of 'em to save space on my sd card.

Yeah same here I just tested this. And I got my 32gb sd card today so I'm good :)

smokecombs

Reaction score
smokecombs: it can't be 500kbs..... that's the size of NES roms :p

playstation are on cd so the can be up to 700mbs maximum for an iso file.

Anyway I found a program to convert iso/bin to eboot format..... which is actually smaller since it's compressed, going to report if it works well with this emulator.

by the way version 1.1 is on the market :) not sure what is new?
Dang, you're right. I think I meant to say 500k, or 500,000 kbs. Anyway, I was confused whatever the case, lol.

tekthebeast

Reaction score
So I'm on CM6 RC2, and I heard it doesn't work? I downloaded FF7 and got its bin but when I try to load it goes black screen then goes back to "find a rom" thing. Any help? ALSO looking for an Xenogears rom, please PM me with site or file thanks!

Big Lou

Reaction score
I'm on CM6 RC2 and it no longer works for me. When I was on CM6 RC1, it did work.

Strange...

NVash

Reaction score
So it plays all of the PSX-PSP Eboots from the homebrew scene as well? Awesome.