Resident Evil 2: Plays great, very few audio issues
Tony Hawk 2: gameplay good, textures bad as with other users
Crash Bandicoot 1: Plays smooth, some audio crackling every now and then
Crash Bandicoot 3: Same as part 1.
Chrono Cross: Plays great (800mhz) sound is good and gameplay is good

Hey You Guys!!!!

Here an idea:

Motorola Droid - PSX4DROIDCompatibilityList

We should all update this Wiki not just add onto this thread dancedroiddancedroid
I have updated crash bandicoot 3 with my review. Only thing is...is that I have usually only tried roms that the wiki says plays good. Not really into waiting an hour for a game only to find out it doesn't load at all. Maybe I should and post there so others don't go through the same thing as me.

Last edited:

jrp

Reaction score
Motorola Droid: Froyo 2.2 CM6 RC1 OC 1100. Running PSX4 Droid at stock settings.

Tekken 3: Wont Boot
FF 7: Runs great, have oringal disk and ripped my own bin file
Einhander: Runs great, only occassional slow down with a **** ton of enemies on the screen.

DangerMouse

Reaction score
Droid X -Android OS 2.1 eclair Rooted (No Bootloader)

Wing Commander III - Plays smoothly through video and game play, however there is NO Audio during video scenes.

Darkside86

Reaction score
Legend of Dragoon- Played very well on my droid 1.1ghz, no hiccups that i've noticed.

xmguy

Reaction score
007 James Bond; The World Is Not Enough, Tomorrow Never Dies

Neither load.

Droid Rooted. Stock processor speed.

Million

Reaction score
Gotta lotta ripped psx images...gonna update the list once I get my X back.

gertman

Reaction score
Car Games

Droid with Cynagen 6 RC 1 with market fix Rom on top with a 1.0ghz Kernal from jrlk (or something like that)

PSX settings - locked at 30fps and NO sound

WORK
-Carmageddon -> works fairly good, the car seems to rock back and forth some times but game play is still pretty good.
-Colin McRae Rally 2.0 -> is a little slow but definitely playable
-Destruction Derby Raw -> Seems to have good speed
-Destruction Derby 2 -> Only the Arena (demolition derby) track works, the rest freeze up after a very short time game play but speed is good
-Driver 2 -> Runs a little slow but definitely playable
-Gran Turismo -> Seems to only accelerate with MT trans? game runs a little slow but is OK I guess
-NFS III -> I would say this game runs the best, speed is almost perfect and controls are decent
-Toca Touring Car Challange 2 -> runs a tad slow but otherwise is good -- just a hard game to play
-Twisted Metal 2 -> runs very well
-Test Drive 4 - The menu is half size BUT the game play is GREAT!!!
-Test Drive 5 - The game play appears to be as good as 4 (of course neither games graphs can hold a candle to NFS3)
-Demolition Racer - Works very well - the sound even works too!!

DO NOT WORK
-007 Racing -> game loads for main menu but can't get passed load screen to get into actual game
-Italian Job -> will not load past the initial loading screen

Chris514

Reaction score
Question on modded FFT

Running rooted Evo, with damagecontrol v5.5...so far pretty much everything runs great.

Final Fantasy VII - Working perfectly

Final Fantasy Tactics - Works Great

However, I was wondering if anybody else has used the hacktics mod for FFT. I found it when I was grabbing the ROM, and the changes of balancing the game more and making it a bit more challenging seemed really good. The un-modded version of the game runs perfectly, but when I run the hacked one it quickly closes at the beginning of the first battle, when the first archer's turn is up. I know it's asking for a lot, but has anybody tried a mod like this, and/or have a fix for it? I'm considering getting a PC emulator to run the game and get past that point, and then try it again on the phone...just seems like a pain.

Edit: I just loaded it in a PC emulator (ePSXe), and it gets by that part perfectly fine. However, having problems loading the save state made in the pc on my phone. It recognizes...something, but if I try to load the state, it just starts the game from the beginning logo screens. I tried renaming both the save state (and through that, its extension) and the image associated with it to what PSX4droid automatically names it (the image is still in .pic format, not .png like PSX4droid makes, don't know if that makes a difference). Basically, does anybody have tips on getting a pc save state loadable on the phone, so I can check if the mod will work this way?

Last edited:

loganaustin

Reaction score
Gauntlet Legends- played through about 15min so far.. sound is a bit choppy but it works great

ejsuh90

Reaction score
Final Fantasy Tactics Problem

Sup guys. I am currently running my Motorola Droid 1 version 2.2, Kernel Version 2.6.32.9-g103d848.

So i got the psx4droid and put in the .bin rom for Final Fantasy Tactics but there seems to be a problem. The game works and all, but it is way too slow to play. It seems like its moving almost at 1/2 the normal speed as it runs on the original playstation.

All the other forums i read say that psx4droid is fully compatible for Final Fantasy Tactics so I was wondering what the problem could be.

Note: I installed another rom to check if it was my phone but the other rom worked perfectly fine. (It was however a .img file instead of a .bin file like FFT)

Raegis

Reaction score
i tried Breath of Fire IV, it runs perfect except in the cliff area i cant go down the stairs??..

anyone else have that problem?

droid15

Reaction score
Spyro is ok on the moto droid and spyro 3 is great until the first world then unplayable so theres no point

P

PlUmPaSsChIcKeN

Droid X stock 2.1... Just got my hands on gameshark v5 and it works just fine... Only issue Im having is when I chose the game and it asks to insert the game, I haven't been able to figure out a way to insert the game rom at that point... Anyone have any ideas on whether it's possible or not?

ibebyi

Reaction score
Hmmm this might seem like a strange question, but does the scph1001.bin or whatever the hell its called support PAL games? The reason I'm asking is that PAL games were configured to run full speed at 50 fps as opposed to the 60 fps of NTSC games.. soooooo

If you play FFVII (PAL) for instance and achieve 30 fps, then 30/50 = 60% speed
FFVII (NTSC) with same 30fps, then 30/60 = 50% speed...

Just bored at work and wondering :)

amber013188

Reaction score
i need help, how do i get it the emulator install on my phone? i'm running on SS4.6 and i use astro manager to install my downloaded apps. Thanks!