psp homebrew

darkmatter

Reaction score
Anyone know of a good place to learn about modding a PSP? I've been using console emulators on my og droid, but just the other day I remembered that you can hack the PSP to do so...and also makes more sense given it has a real controller with it.

I've been google searching, but everything I can find seems out of date or just plain sketchy.

ilikemoneygreen

Silver Member
Reaction score
Which gen of psp? I was quite the hacker back in the day... My droid has taken me from that hobby. My psp is in closet collecting dust.

OP
darkmatter

darkmatter

Reaction score
the first gen psp. I got it the week it came out, lol. I tend to get a bit ocd about my devices, and its screen is still nearly in the same condition as when I bought it.

ilikemoneygreen

Silver Member
Reaction score
the first gen psp. I got it the week it came out, lol. I tend to get a bit ocd about my devices, and its screen is still nearly in the same condition as when I bought it.

Awesome, PSP-1000's are so cool. Whats the firmware on that? Look into the settings. Im looking for like a 2.?? You'll need that to first install a custom firmware (CFW on most sites) Then emulators are just a download away. Im admittingly out of touch with all that so i cant really link it at the moment but that should get you on the way. If your really having trouble with a specific or anything tomorrow when i have a fresh mind i will look into it. Just PM me.

13th angel

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Have to look into that...... Never really used my psp for more than internet while i was grounded and didnt have a computer. Have the 1000 also. I'll have to dig it out sometime....

ilikemoneygreen

Silver Member
Reaction score
I remember i had all the emulaters possible plus the cheat engine is a nice addon. gameshark on steroids. Tv Remote control....haha its all a good memory.