PSA Change Your DropBox Password. 7 Million Accounts Compromised

DroidModderX

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
logo@2x-vfleQNE2w.png

You have probably heard by now that snapchat has been hacked and millions of photos have been leaked. Now it appears that hackers have gained access to 7 million dropbox accounts. This could potentially mean that your personal files are at risk. It was discovered by reddit users that dropbox accounts had been hacked. The reddit users are reporting that this encompasses 7 million useres. Dropbox is claiming that their servers have not been hacked and it is actually a third party service that is to blame. Many Android users use Dropbox to sync files between devices so many of you may be affected by this.

"Dropbox has not been hacked. These usernames and passwords were unfortunately stolen from other services and used in attempts to log in to Dropbox accounts. We’d previously detected these attacks and the vast majority of the passwords posted have been expired for some time now. All other remaining passwords have been expired as well."

Just to be safe you should go and change your password. It is always good habit to change your passwords on a regular basis anyhow.

Via TheNextWeb

Reactions: CJM

Ollie

Droid Does
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note Edge - iPhone 6 Plus
I never use it, but changed it anyways.

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X
If they want pictures of random stuff, go for it. Hack my account.

Ollie

Droid Does
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note Edge - iPhone 6 Plus
I used it originally to upload firmwares and mods on the S2 forum, but dropbox shut me down due to traffic for a while and I never went back to using it.

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I used it originally to upload firmwares and mods on the S2 forum, but dropbox shut me down due to traffic for a while and I never went back to using it.
Same here for hard to find apks, obsolete ones, etc . When I reached my paltry storage amount limit it was either buy more or dance through hoops and beg/plead others to join to get a few more crumbs. I'd forgotten I had Box, that I got in on the ground floor with, that has 50GB. I just copied all my stuff over to them. Then came Copy and during their ground floor era if you got someone else to join you both got an extra 5GB, not the measly 250MB of DB.
If someone wants an apk of Shapewriter Tapatalk colored or Flash they can go ahead and hack my old account. I already changed my password the last time they got attacked a couple of years ago ,I guess I'll change it again at some point.

Sent from my LG-D801 using Tapatalk

rayoerg

Reaction score
It seems thieves are getting our personal information every.