PS4 Remote Play For All Android Devices

DroidModderX

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score

When the Play Station 4 was released it was also announced that there would be a remote play feature which would allow you to play your Play Station 4 remotely from your Xperia Z3. A Sony representative had also said that Sony did not plan to bring this feature to any other device. No worries the dev community has come through again. Developer "XperiaPlaystation" has ported Remote play to all android devices. To make this work you will need to flash a particular zip file and install a certain apk. Your device must be running Android 4.0 or better. You will need to have a custom recovery installed like Clock Work Mod recovery. Head to the link below for the downloads.

Via XDA

johnomaz

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel 2XL
Now if only I had a PS4. After watching my xbox 360 and PS3 sit for so long unused, I decided not to buy anohter console. I game on my PC now.

Now if there was a good streaming app for my computer to my phone or tablet that was lag free (or very close to it), I'd be interested.

liftedplane

Gold Member
Reaction score
Now if only I had a PS4. After watching my xbox 360 and PS3 sit for so long unused, I decided not to buy anohter console. I game on my PC now.

Now if there was a good streaming app for my computer to my phone or tablet that was lag free (or very close to it), I'd be interested.
The Nvidia Sheild allows steam games to stream, it's a step in the right direction, I'm sure one of the devs will get something working soon.

johnomaz

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel 2XL
The Nvidia Sheild allows steam games to stream, it's a step in the right direction, I'm sure one of the devs will get something working soon.

I almost bought one until a number of reviews said its terrible for PC streaming because of the scale of things. Android games scale up to they are viewable on the small screens while PC games are made for large screens. To send the stream to a small device makes it hard to play because the scale isn't there. I don't want to buy a Shield and find out its impossible to play a game. I'd like to do a few things via streaming with little lag, but its not that huge.