Ps3 teather

TJ Hanna

Reaction score
Stupid question. But does anyone know if its possible to teather a. Ps3 from my RAZR?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

OP
T

TJ Hanna

Reaction score
Call me cheap. But im not looking to spend 30 bucks a month on the hotspot. Lol

Zandar

Reaction score
Call me cheap. But im not looking to spend 30 bucks a month on the hotspot. Lol

I do mine via (legit) WiFi hotspot, but you ought to be able to do the hack way. Look in the hacks section and you'll find all the information you desire.

OP
T

TJ Hanna

Reaction score
I do mine via (legit) WiFi hotspot, but you ought to be able to do the hack way. Look in the hacks section and you'll find all the information you desire.

If you're refuring to rooting my phone that's not happening. I have no clue on that subject nor do i understand the purpose of rooting a phone. Lol

Zandar

Reaction score
If you're refuring to rooting my phone that's not happening. I have no clue on that subject nor do i understand the purpose of rooting a phone. Lol

If you don't want to pay or root, you're SOL.

OP
T

TJ Hanna

Reaction score
I guess that's what happens when youra cheap bastard. Lol mobile hotspot here i cone

Zandar

Reaction score
Do you currently have unlimited data? If not, ask them to add unlimited 4G hotspot when you go to add the feature. Some reps won't do it, but just be very polite and ignorant and call back if it doesn't work (something like, "Oh, no problem," and move on if they won't add it). Verizon's kind of wise to this, but if you get the right rep you might be able to get unlimited data and hotspot; just make sure you say exactly, "I'd like to add the unlimited 4G mobile hotspot to my RAZR."

OP
T

TJ Hanna

Reaction score
Do you currently have unlimited data? If not, ask them to add unlimited 4G hotspot when you go to add the feature. Some reps won't do it, but just be very polite and ignorant and call back if it doesn't work (something like, "Oh, no problem," and move on if they won't add it). Verizon's kind of wise to this, but if you get the right rep you might be able to get unlimited data and hotspot; just make sure you say exactly, "I'd like to add the unlimited 4G mobile hotspot to my RAZR."

I do have unlimited data. I got grandfathered in when they changed over to the data tires

Zandar

Reaction score
In that case, make doubly sure you get the unlimited hotspot. You actually qualify without any special handling required. $30/month for all the data you can eat!

OP
T

TJ Hanna

Reaction score
Then i will do that. Thanx man

techgov8

Reaction score
Rooting it and doing the sqlite hack to the hotspot is the easiest way. There are videos that are very easy to follow along with but if your not comfortable enough you shouldn't do it

Lars

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
Seriously, just follow the steps on the sticky provided in this forum, or go to YouTube and search "rooting the razr" and the top two videos will walk you through rooting and wifi tether. If you can build Ikea furniture you can get wifi tether; it's as simple as carefully following a few instructions. As long as you just limit your need to wifi tether, there is very little, if any risk involved.

Sent from my DROID RAZR

techgov8

Reaction score
Seriously, just follow the steps on the sticky provided in this forum, or go to YouTube and search "rooting the razr" and the top two videos will walk you through rooting and wifi tether. If you can build Ikea furniture you can get wifi tether; it's as simple as carefully following a few instructions. As long as you just limit your need to wifi tether, there is very little, if any risk involved.

Sent from my DROID RAZR

Definitely agreed!