Ps3 SixAxis on SOME Android Devices with Root

Malvado

DF News Team/Mod
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
white_dualshock3.jpg

Everyones been wondering if wed ever get the ability to use the SixAxis/Dual Shock 3 PS3 controllers via Bluetooth for Android gaming. While it took quite a while,we're glad to see that a solution is finally here. Its called SixAxis controller and it allows you to pair your PS3 controller with your rooted Android phone or tablet for gaming in emulators. Unfortunately,device support is a bit shallow for most HTC devices and some newer Samsung devices (due to changes made by the OEMs to the Bluetooth stack). Cant hurt to try it on whatever phone you have,anyway,so be sure to give it a shot for $1.67.

Sent from my DROID 3 directly to YOU!

neoj2

Reaction score
1st.. oh and this looks interesting. now with the ability to hook up phone through hdmi, this should have some promise.

johnomaz

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel 2XL
My DroidX running CM7 nightly 50 says its compatible. I may actually give this a shot. I use my PS3 mostly for BluRays and streaming from my PC. My controller often goes unused.

drtnsnw

Reaction score
I use my PS3 mostly for BluRays and streaming from my PC. My controller often goes unused.

thats me too, I would rather be able to control my PS3 with my phone! Guess I will keep dreaming!

Chris

Bengal21

Reaction score
+1 When I can use my Phone to turn on my PS3 or 360, I may get rid of controllers all together.