PS3 or Xbox Emulator

DroidBoardr

Reaction score
I am looking for an emulator that can be used to play Dead Space 1 and 2. I don't have a PS3 or Xbox at home and cant see myself buying one since they will soon be outdated, but I really want to play these two games, as well as others i'm sure. Considered buying the PC versions, but i really have never been into PC gaming, and don't see myself sitting in front of a computer for hours on end. Does anyone know much about emulators, and whether there is or will be one for the Galaxy S3. I played with them a bit on my Rezound playing old school NES and Sega Genisis titles. worked great, but i cant find one for the newer better games. any thoughts?

OP
DroidBoardr

DroidBoardr

Reaction score
Yeah, they don't carry those games. Bummer. Why is there no way to emulate those systems. With HD graphics and 2G Ram I would think someone would come up with something. They were able to put it in the Vita, correct?

tjk629

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
NEXUS 6
When you emulate a console you have to be able to emulate ALL the hardware. There is no way a dual core 1.5GHz mobile cpu is going to be able to emulate a multicore desktopish 3.2GHz CPU, and that's not even including the the GPU it would have to emulate.

They ported it to the Vita, because the development tools are similar to the PS3s. So, it's easy to port games from PS3 to Vita. Porting is not emulation.

Last edited:
OP
DroidBoardr

DroidBoardr

Reaction score
When you emulate a console you have to be able to emulate ALL the hardware. There is no way a dual core 1.5GHz mobile cpu is going to be able to emulate a multicore desktopish 3.2GHz CPU, and that's not even including the the GPU it would have to emulate.

They ported it to the Vita, because the development tools are similar to the PS3s. So, it's easy to port games from PS3 to Vita. Porting is not emulation.

Yeah, that makes sense. Wasn't exactly sure what emulating was, thought it might be similar to online gaming (which i also know nothing about) where all guts are online somewhere else. Thanks for the knowledge.

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
I have been hanging on to the NES, Sega Genesis, and N64 emulators I had back when I first got my Droid X.

They removed them from the Market a while back, but I kept the .apks for them. I use a Wii remote connected through Bluetooth and can play old Super Mario Bros while I am bored at work.

OP
DroidBoardr

DroidBoardr

Reaction score
I have been hanging on to the NES, Sega Genesis, and N64 emulators I had back when I first got my Droid X.

They removed them from the Market a while back, but I kept the .apks for them. I use a Wii remote connected through Bluetooth and can play old Super Mario Bros while I am bored at work.

Had the NES and Sega Genisis emulator installed on my Rezound and it was awesome getting to play splatterhouse and contra on my cell phone. The classics never get old.

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
Had the NES and Sega Genisis emulator installed on my Rezound and it was awesome getting to play splatterhouse and contra on my cell phone. The classics never get old.

Nope can never get tired of them, makes you feel young again!

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
I would love for nest to cone out with a classic all in one console like Atari has.. all of the favorite Nintendo and super Nintendo games. ... Zelda, all of the super Mario bros, stuff like that.. if buy it for my wife :)

tjk629

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
NEXUS 6
Yeah, that makes sense. Wasn't exactly sure what emulating was, thought it might be similar to online gaming (which i also know nothing about) where all guts are online somewhere else. Thanks for the knowledge.

If you want to learn some more I'd recommend checking out the PSCX2 (a PS2 emulator) blog:

Developer Blog They talk about what goes into emulation, and what not. It took them around 11 years to come out with version 1 of their PS2 emulator.

OP
DroidBoardr

DroidBoardr

Reaction score
If you want to learn some more I'd recommend checking out the PSCX2 (a PS2 emulator) blog:

Developer Blog They talk about what goes into emulation, and what not. It took them around 11 years to come out with version 1 of their PS2 emulator.

Very interesting, and a little disappointing, but thanks. Always looking to broaden my horizons. I'll just keep looking to the future for better portable gaming, and play Ninja Gaiden NES style for now.