1. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

PS3 or xbox 360?

Discussion in 'Off Topic Forum' started by soulshot96, Mar 2, 2011.

1. soulshot96

soulshot96 New Member

Tell me witch one and why?
  2. kparks

kparks Active Member

lol another one of these ps3 cuz i play it lol.......... what do your friends have ???
  3. soulshot96

soulshot96 New Member

Mostly ps3s but one has had two opertunities to get a ps3 and got an Xbox both times. that's right, two 360s! And the best part is he wants a ps3!

Sent from my SCH-I500 using DroidForums App
  4. bthomp21

bthomp21 New Member

ive never played ps3. i have the xbox and love it. wouldnt mind getting a ps3 if i could get a good deal on it.
  5. parker34

parker34 New Member

Get a Dreamcast...online multiplayer is amazing
  6. kparks

kparks Active Member

7. manilaboy1vic

manilaboy1vic New Member

PS3.. Blu Ray and Online Gaming is free o charge..

I believe in order to play CoD online via xbox, you need to pay a fee.. Xbox owners pls chime in..

Big PRO: BLU RAY
  8. Droid annoymous

Droid annoymous New Member

Xbox being that most.games come out for both systems but then again there is some exclusive titles for.individual consoles but xbox overall being its.more fun to.play online then ps3 cause.ps3 online.is lame always funny.bops arguments on xbox lol

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App
  9. kparks

kparks Active Member

get the ps3 its a solid system good online (360 is a lil better and u pay but meh) controller i like ps3 but that depends on u))) game they both have good and bad if u cant live without halo well then u just answered ur question... ps3 has alot of great exclusive titles.. the reason i got the ps3 are blu ray.. the games i like KZ and uncharted and resistance and i thought heavy rain was awesome.. the controller i like playin super street fighter and the 360 controller BLOWS when tryin to play fighters and i just dont like there controller in general! But thats why i got it some one can say the same thing about the 360 so u need to decide for yourself
  10. Droid annoymous

Droid annoymous New Member

My ps3 jus collects dust lol I play 360 I only.play my ps3 for.exclusive titles.like.killzone and god of war and infamous xbox I keep for.gears 3 baby :D

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App
  11. kparks

kparks Active Member

12. soulshot96

soulshot96 New Member

Ps3 is the better all rounded gaming system. + it's future proof! Blue rays for bigger games. 3.2 ghz super fast ddr3 memory + 256 MB of 700mhz ram cell braodband engine=one 3.2 ghz spu and 7 3.2ghz spe's (controlled by spu), 3d, 500 mhz rsx gpu that can share the workload with the cell, sixaxis motion controllers, PS move, PS eye, HDMI 1.3, stays cooler, doesn't scratch discs, hard drive is replaceable with sata S-ata hard drive, xmb, Bluetooth, $299, no red ring of death, online service is free( not the best though), PS store, free themes, copy music from CDs fast, music player, video player, photo viewer, slot loading disc drive, internal power supply, media server, web browser, PS home, exclusive games, video editor and uploader,...need I go on?

13. fuller82

fuller82 New Member

I have both and definitely play the ps3 a lot more. They're both great systems though.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App
  14. soulshot96

soulshot96 New Member

I don't want to sound like a fanboy that doesn't know what he's talking about, Ive played both consoles extensively, I've researched them both, I've seen witch ones the best. I'm not another one of those people that dis the Xbox cause I like PlayStation better. I enjoy Xbox but if I still had one I would not waste money on it or play it. Microsoft just rushed this one, and I wish they hadn't cause the Xbox could have been one badass game console.

15. PolyOlefin

PolyOlefin New Member

Here we go.

My opinion is the PS3 is a better choice. You'd have to buy a separate Blu-Ray player with the Xbox, as well as pay a monthly fee for online play.

Xbox has a stronger online community, especially if you're into competitive FPS play.

Most of the best games are cross-platform; in my opinion, PS3 has better exclusive games (God of War, LittleBigPlanet, Killzone, Gran Turismo, Metal Gear, Resistance, Uncharted, etc). Team Ico games are a huge selling point, personally. I will scream like a girl-child when The Last Guardian comes out. Also, if Japanese RPGs are your thing, don't even consider the Xbox.

Xbox has some great exclusives, too (Halo, Gears of War, Alan Wake, Forza, etc). However, many of them are also available on PC.

The PlayStation Store also has PSOne games for nostalgic purposes, while Microsoft has no old-school credentials.

While the PlayStation Move is like an improved Wii controller, the Kinect is a truly unique system. If you're looking for something you've never tried before with gaming, that's a huge plus. However, one should also know Microsoft is developing Kinect support for PC, which not only takes the steam out of Xbox exclusivity, but the amazing homebrew applications coming from the Kinect community will practically require a PC.

Choose wisely. By which I mean, buy a PS3. And if you upgrade your PC and buy an Xbox controller, it's like having half an Xbox 360.
    Last edited: Mar 2, 2011
  16. soulshot96

soulshot96 New Member

Can't wait for ps4 and xbox 720 though. I heard sony is going to use something like a triple core cell broadband engine with like 2 gigs of ram and the(maybe more than one) newest and most powerful gpu they can find. Don't know about the 720 though.

17. 13th angel

13th angel Developer Developer

I have a 360, never play it though. They're fun i just have too much other stuff to do and i prefer playing games on my computer rather than a console. This is also my second 360, first red-ringed then got stolen before it was replaced lol.
  18. PolyOlefin

PolyOlefin New Member

What's your source? From what I've read, Sony is making the PS3 a "ten-year platform", which means PS4 won't come around until at least 2016. They've also said they haven't started designing the new system yet for this reason.

I'm still of the opinion that developers need to spend more time fleshing out their ideas; most games these days have great graphics but repetitive, clich├ęd, mediocre gameplay. Truly imaginative, epic games are few and far in between, and better hardware doesn't help that.
  19. kptphalkon

kptphalkon New Member

The PS3 is truly a 'ten year' system in my eyes...

The ram technology is lacking to support the processing power it has though, which is a severe drawback. For raw graphical power i think the xbox is a slight winner.

Keep in mind that the PS3 was designed as a media center capable of quite a lot of things you can throw it's way, not an almost pure gaming powerhouse like the 360.

To each its own, Id rather have both.

?

I kill threads
  20. appdaddy

appdaddy New Member

Get both! That's what I'm doing. I have the RE4 Red Edition XBox 360. And online is really cool. You only for the Gold membership Once a year though. So paying isn't all that bad. I'll be getting my PS3 next week. Lol. I love my life... B-)
Search tags for this page

xbox 360 controller wii homebrew