PS3 or XBOX 360?

Blind_Aim

Reaction score
You just CANT go wrong.. both are GREAT

Seeing that the XBox has been hacked for a very very long time and the PS3 just got hacked, I think it's a myth that any games on PS3 have been hacked. Anything you've seen on PS3 are people "glitching" (taking advantage of a bug in software to do something not originally intended). The only thing I've seen is a Hello World type homebrew application and the AsBestOS by Stack Overflow to allow you to install Linux again.

What you will be likely able to do now is pirate PS3 games and play them online, which is unfortunate because it's going to drive the price of games up. On the other hand, if you are one to like to do this sort of thing, PS3 may be your platform of choice because based on the video I watched regarding what Stack Overflow did, you'll be able to basically copy a game to the hard drive and run it and PSN won't be able to tell. Counter this to the Microsoft claim that they can ban anyone that is playing pirated games (as evidence by a modification performed to their system). I guess the Asian servers are going to start filling up very soon.

Anyway, both are great systems. I don't think there is any separation in first person shooters or sports games. Online is a tie basically. That one boils down to if you are okay paying a few dollars a month to be able to talk with friends while they play a completely different game. I wouldn't let the cost of online deter you from buying an Xbox because it's not that much if you are playing a lot online anyway. I'm wondering.. does anyone have any statistics to show how many people are playing, for example, Black Ops on XBox and on PS3? I'd be interested to see if there is any real disparity there. From what I've read, and if Sony is to be believed, there are about twice as many users on PSN as on XBox Live. Click Here For Reference As far as new interfaces, I think the XBox wins with the Kinect over the Move. The PS3 offers BluRay, but if you are like many now and just watch streaming movies on Netflix, both have built-in WiFi now (I think). Personally, as I mentioned before, I'm happy to be a PS3 owner and am anxiously awaiting Socom 4. I may even buy KillZone3 now that I've heard a rumor that buying KZ3 will get you into the beta for Socom 4...

UNC

Reaction score
Yes, I know the PS3 is hacked much worse than 360. While its true that the 360 has been hacked much longer, their online service is much tighter than PSN. Reports of cheating are taken seriously on XBL, and the players lose accounts that they paid for!! On PSN cheaters don't get banned, plain and simple.

OP
Hmong_Xiong

Hmong_Xiong

Reaction score
Yeah...
The only hack I did and played on psn was all modern warfare 2 trophies (which all I needed was the spec ops only) and speed hack

Sent from my Droid3 using DroidForums App

iDriveTurbo

Reaction score
If you choose ps3: u enjoy the blueray
If you choose xbox: u enjoy gaming

The Uzi go brrrrrrrrr

Quicksilver7714

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I'm wondering.. does anyone have any statistics to show how many people are playing, for example, Black Ops on XBox and on PS3? I'd be interested to see if there is any real disparity there. From what I've read, and if Sony is to be believed, there are about twice as many users on PSN as on XBox Live. Click Here For Reference

There might be twice as many gamers on PSN but how many have an Xbox 360 as well and play on xbox live?
I know a few people that have a 360 and a PS3. They use the 360 to play its exclusives and the PS3 to bluray movies and also to play the exclusives available on that system. But when it comes to multi console games like Black Ops they always buy the 360 version because they have more friends playing it and have made more friends online from playing so long.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

OP
Hmong_Xiong

Hmong_Xiong

Reaction score
Possibly because everything online is pretty much the same and it's free!

Sent from my Droid3 using DroidForums App