PS3 Jailreak wifi error

Discussion in 'ChevyNo1' started by sincerity, Oct 6, 2010.

1. sincerity

sincerity New Member

Using 4.8 with stock kernel and droidfreedom 2.0...anybody else have trouble using wifi after jailbreaking their ps3--it just gives an error? Restoring boot does not fix the problem..4.8 has to be reflashed. Is there a fix for this?
  2. karri0n

karri0n New Member

I just googled "ps3 android", and the first result I found had this listed right on the page:

Note: The hack isn’t perfect at the moment, and has some bugs related to your phone: Wi-Fi and USB Mass Storage will be disabled on your phone until original boot image is flashed back.
  3. Phreaker47

Phreaker47 Member

4. Phreaker47

Phreaker47 Member

Oh, I looked at that page... That may be some different flavor of PSfreedom. I installed the original version that came in the file "Droid-Freedom.zip".

It does NOT disable wifi while it is installed. It only removes your ability to have USBMass access (although this can still be done through recovery if needed). The phone can only be charged via A/C power (docks included) but that's what I always do anyway. I have the "Web Sharing" app that gives me file system access I need over WiFi. So, I can just leave this kernel installed... at least, until I get some other standalone solution so I can run a normal kernel again.
  5. sincerity

sincerity New Member

obviously I searched before I posted. Please re-read my original post for my problem. even AFTER I reflashed the original boot image wifi errors out. As detailed in OP, I have to re-flash the whole 4.8 rom in order to re-enable wifi.

thanks for the link Phreaker...looks like I just need the new droidfreedom 2.1 update that fixes this exact problem.

dancedroid
  6. Phreaker47

Phreaker47 Member

If you install this, tell me: Can you use WiFi while it is installed? I had not even heard this was an issue with anybody until the other day. I still have the original droid-freedom on mine and WiFi still works fine.
  7. sincerity

sincerity New Member

Hey I will tinker with it this afternoon, didn't get a chance yesterday...i'll let you know
Search tags for this page

ps3 jailbreak wifi