Ps3 jailbreaking app?

WarMachin3

Reaction score
I was in the market and came across this amazing tool my only concern is I'm gonna get the ban hammer on my ps3 if I play online. However I'm not going to be running backups or burned copies of titles or anthing like that just wanna run the snes emulator and a few other home brew things. Could anyone shed some light on if its worth jailbreaking? (I say its hacking but w/e) thanks in advance for any light on this.

Sent from my Liberated R2-D2... May the Force be with you...always...

Briankbl

Reaction score
If your PS3 firmware is up to date, which it should be since you said that you play online, then you can't jailbreak your PS3 anyways. Any JB app on the Market is only going to be compatible with PS3 FW3.41. You could look into downgrading your firmware, but that is a whole other can of worms.

OP
WarMachin3

WarMachin3

Reaction score
I haven't actually played anything online just dlc and netflix I guess the question more is do I get the ban hammer from these options that's my biggest concer is losing the abilitly for them. And I really can't find a straight answer. I'm not into playing backups or anything and that seems what gets most people screwed.

Hugh Jass

Reaction score
It's really not worth taking on Sony in relation to the PS3, I'd say just leave that piece of tech alone, it's good as it is. :)

OP
WarMachin3

WarMachin3

Reaction score
Yeah that's more what I'm leaning to but I just wondered if anyone has done this and had it work I might just say the hell with it and build an emulator box out of an old xbox1 but again it would be sweet to have the ps3 running some fun home brew stuff.

Briankbl

Reaction score
I haven't actually played anything online just dlc and netflix I guess the question more is do I get the ban hammer from these options that's my biggest concer is losing the abilitly for them. And I really can't find a straight answer. I'm not into playing backups or anything and that seems what gets most people screwed.

Well, I told you everything you needed to know in my first post.

1) What firmware are you on? If you are on 3.60, you cannot jailbreak your PS3.

2) If you are on 3.55, you don't need the jailbreak app you were originally referring to. Just download and install a custom firmware(do your research, I won't link to anything here).

3) If you are on 3.41, you CAN use the jailbreak app you were referring to earlier. It's much more of a pain in the butt than if you updated to a 3.55 CFW.

4) Being jailbroken means you lose all PSN access. You also lose the ability to watch Netflix, Hulu, Vudu, Qriocity, etc. You can still use your internet browser, though.

5) If you are using a jailbroken PS3 with internet enabled, you can be busted by Sony. So you might as well disable internet. You CAN and most likely WILL get banned for having a jailbroken console, which is why if you choose to jailbreak, know going in that you are turning your console into an offline console. Most people only enable their internet for brief periods of time to FTP files, then immediately disable internet afterwards. You still run the risk, however, just by having it enabled at all.

Again, if you are on 3.60, this whole subject is worthless to you, as you can't jailbreak your console(yet!). If you are below 3.60, update to a 3.55 CFW. Use google.

Hope this helped!