PS3 and PdAnet with DroidX PLEASE HELP!!!

SloBasser

Reaction score
I am trying to connect my PS3 to my Mac which i am using PdAnet to connect to the internet. I live out in the sticks and my only options for internet is a phone provider of WildBlue, which SUCKS!!!
I have been trying for over a month to get it setup to no avail. I looked on some other forums and got to the point where the PS3 would grab the IP address but crapped out after that. ALL of my friends keep talking about Call Of Duty online play and I WANT IN. if someone cold please help me it would be GREATLY appreciated, even if it means buying some more hardware or software for that matter.

OP
S

SloBasser

Reaction score
pay the $20 for hot spot

the whole reason I use PdAnet is to avoid paying that and the limited 3Gs of download.

mattv111

Reaction score
You should root the wireless tether is free. Very simple process to root

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk

OP
S

SloBasser

Reaction score
Rooting Droid

The only issue have run into is being able to root it through my Mac, any suggestions? I tried rooting through my brothers old laptop and thought i did it right but I never saw the Ninja App. I'm worried I might not have actually rooted it but like a DumbA$$ just gave someone access to my phone? I tried to unroot it when i went home again but his computer took a crap and I was told you had to use the same machine you rooted it with to on root, but I'm clueless as you can tell

OP
S

SloBasser

Reaction score
Might Help

honestly it's been so long I can't remember how what I used to root it I haven't heard of z4root but more importantly I am not HIJACKING anyones thread I am the one who started it

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
32GB Moto X Developers Edition
Twitter
furryvarmint
First off, chill out. I was about to apologize for my error. My bad. You started talking about rooting in the middle of a tethering thread. I misunderstood the jump.

Secondly, please remove the obscenity from your post. This is a family-friendly forum and such behavior is not permitted. If it's not removed it will be removed for you and most mods don't take kindly to having to do it, especially when the poster has been warned.

Third, rule one of hacking is study and learn before you screw something up you can't get back from. There have been numerous discussions about rooting the Droid X. Heck, if you had read my signature you'd have seen I even have a link in it on how to do it manually. If that method is beyond your capabilities, even if it's because you're running a Mac and not a PC (if that applies in this case), then you can use z4root to root your X. I will provide a link to is if you wish. It's a free app, it works quite well on the X, and as long as you're using the permanent root option it's virtually foolproof.

The only caveat I'll give at this point in regards to rooting your X, other than the whole voiding your warranty bit, is that if you're going to delete bloat, ROM, or theme your phone you need to be aware of the locked bootloader and the e-fuse, and be very familiar with RSD Lite/SBF_flash on Linux as the SBF is the only way back.