1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

proximity sensor

Discussion in 'Android General Discussions' started by bucnasty504, Jun 1, 2010.

1. bucnasty504

bucnasty504 New Member

Is there a way to turn off your proximity sensor or maybe an app that will do it. I've been having a lot of problems with my face spamming buttons while i'm talking and i guess its the proximity sensor. It happens a lot when i use my phone on the right side of my face and not so much when i have it on my left side ... i guess since the sensor is more on the left side of the phone. But since im right handed it just feels weird holding it on with my left hand to talk all the time. thanks for any help.
  2. sherylhs

sherylhs New Member

From what you have described, it sounds like the sensor ISN'T working for you. For me, the sensor blanks out the screen so there is not accidental "face spamming".

If you were interested in "turning it off" there were some skins that covered the faceplate and in the beginning didn't allow the sensor to work. So perhaps a skin over the faceplate might do the trick.

Here's a link to the discussion from long ago...
    http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-general-discussions/12393-amazing-skins-droid-gelaskins.html

Good luck!
    ~Sheryl
  3. bucnasty504

bucnasty504 New Member

cool ya thanks for the reply i guess ill have to look into something like that if i cant figure out how to just turn it off. Like it works fine but if i move it around to much that's when it will turn on and off a lot ... wonder if its set for to short of a distance or maybe its just something to do with the way im holding it.
  4. eliassami5

eliassami5 New Member

If you have long hair then you need to move it away from the sensor when you put the phone up to year ear to talk. If you dont have long hair then you sensor is most likely defective.
Search tags for this page
can you turn off the proximity sensor in the htc incredible
disable proximity sensor lg g2
droid x proximity sensor
how can i guess proximity sensor android
how to put off sensor proximity on android
how to turn on proximity sensor lg g2

htc g2 proximity sensor

htc g2 screen sensor stop

htc one turn off proximity sensor
lg connect turn off proximity sensor
lg g2 lift phone to face sensor how to turn on