proximity sensor

eliassami5

Reaction score
If you have long hair then you need to move it away from the sensor when you put the phone up to year ear to talk. If you dont have long hair then you sensor is most likely defective.

map11586

Reaction score
Anyone else have any issues with the proximity sensor. I've noticed that unlike my DROID incredible 2, when I pull my phone away during a call the screen doesn't come back on. I assume the proximity sensor would turn the screen back on but I'm not sure if this is just a software issue or if I could have a defective sensor. And right now I have no case and no screen protector and my finger doesn't cover up the sensor at anytime. This is my only issue I've noticed with the phone and any suggestions would be appreciated!!

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
I'm having the opposite issue. My phone is ringing for incoming calls in my pocket and now the screen wakes up while it's ringing, even while still in my pocket, so I've accidentally hung up on several calls and answered a few by accident - both while trying to remove the phone from my pocket. What happened to Pocket Detection? :blink:

map11586

Reaction score
That's strange. Does your sensor work during a call? Like if you pull away after calling you voice mail to enter a password. I would think the screen should come on then

dlourens

Reaction score
There is a setting under the call screen settings menu where you can turn auto off/on screen when in call. This is on my galaxy S3, not sure if all has it?

vey

Reaction score
There is a setting under the call screen settings menu where you can turn auto off/on screen when in call. This is on my galaxy S3, not sure if all has it?

I don't see it in 2.2.3

nikecar

Reaction score
for a moment I thought this was an app to see how close you were to something. I was going to suggest your eyes. :icon_ banana: