Proximity Sensor Issue?

Lakilaulea

Reaction score
I was wondering if anyone else had this problem, or could maybe tell me if this is a glitch and if it is, how to fix it:

I notice that when I'm talking to someone on my Bionic, and have the phone up to my ear, when it comes time to hang up and I pull the phone away from my face, the screen stays dark. I have to hit the Power button to get the screen to light up, then hang up. And sometimes when I hit the Power button, I get the lock screen and have to unlock it, then hang up. It's a minor issue I know, but still a little irritating. My phone isn't rooted or anything (nor will it be since I lack the expertise), so is there anything I can do to stop this from happening? Does anyone else have this problem?

Christobal

Reaction score
EXACT same problem here with my replacement Bionic. Sometimes, even pushing the button will not turn the screen back on. It hard for me to resist cursing at the phone for fear my party has not hung up yet.

It's been a while since you posted this. Have you had any resolution?

C

INCREMENTAL

Reaction score
U guys have it in any kind of case that's possibly covering the sensor? My gf had a Samsung in a case with sensor issues due to a case

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

Christobal

Reaction score
I have no case, but I put the second SGP screen protector from a pack of two that I used on my original Bionic that did not have this problem. It's the Oleophobic version of the protector, but again, it wasn't a problem on the original Bionic I had. I guess I have to eat it and pull it off.

C