Protection (Yea Right..)

Discussion in 'Android General Discussions' started by HarshReality, Mar 31, 2010.

1. HarshReality

HarshReality Member

Ratings:
    +0
    So.. Ive seen skins and what not and the armor whatsit for the droid. Anybody know of a housing for the moto droid that actually works with the media dock? Everything I have come across seems like it would add to the width and be a problem...

2. Neupy

Neupy Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I use a blue one that I got from the VZ store...I only have to pop the back off to put it in my dock at night it takes like 2 seconds. Isnt that big of a deal.

3. HermitObserver

HermitObserver Member

Ratings:
    +0
    You don't think it'll wear on it and it'll get so easy to fall off? My past cases all did that :(

4. HarshReality

HarshReality Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I understand the simplicity.. but if you think about it poping it on and off will cause wear where it 'pops over' either the top or corners over time.. not to mention other phones Ive had tend to get things under the layer that cause abrasion.

Thanks for the suggestion however not quite what Im after..

5. Neupy

Neupy Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Ive had it since early dec and its not loose. I take it off all the time anyways cause I work at a printshop and paper dust gets EVERYWHERE...so I like to keep it clean underneath

6. takeshi

takeshi Silver Member

Ratings:
    +0
    The only thing that will work without removal is something like the Invisible Shield/BSE/Steinheil/etc (a full body film). Anything else will require at least partial, if not complete, removal.

7. jsh1120

jsh1120 Silver Member

Ratings:
    +1
    If you insist on using the Motorola media dock the only option (as Takeshi noted) is a "film" protector.

But if you're willing to change the dock you'll have several options including a dock sold by Seidio that works with their cases and a couple of docks from supporting vendors here that work with any (or almost any) case. I use the MiKradle. And except for the fact that my five year old daughter keeps trying to steal it to use as a park bench for her doll house, it works very well.

P.S. Depending on how roughly you treat your most treasured possession, you might consider going naked. My wife decided she liked her droid without a cover and uses a Motorola dock I picked up cheap. The Droid is so tough that I suspect that it's more vulnerable to an ill-fitting case than to the occasional drop.

Last edited: Mar 31, 2010
  8. Brokn68

Brokn68 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I throw caution to the wind and am riding naked :p I have insurance so you just never know when something bad will happen after 1 year and you'll need a new phone.:icon_ devil: