Protected File using Root Explorer

Discussion in 'Bugless' started by Lidback, Nov 7, 2010.

1. Lidback

Lidback New Member

First off, thanks to all for sharing your knowledge on this site. I recently rooted and am using BB v.5. Everything went well and reading these posts has given me the confidence to dabble a little more. I installed Slayer's 1Ghz kernal and enabled Compcache. This is where I got stuck. I wanted it to run on startup so I followed the instructions in post #49 of http://www.droidforums.net/forum/bugless/85096-enable-compcache-bbv05.html?highlight=Compcache. When I get to the 01cpuod file it has a shield with a star on it. I have tried every solution I can find on here. I have selected and deselected "Mount R/W", I have removed Root Explorer from Super User permission log. I then reallowed SU permissions. I applied the permissions script in BB Toolkit (although I'm not sure if that is for the permission I need), I have uninstalled Root Explorer and reinstalled, and as in another thread I applied a nandroid backup and still have the shield over the 01cpuod file. Does anyone have another suggestion? Thanks to all, I have learned a lot already.
  2. ZeroBarrier

ZeroBarrier New Member

That's just a file type icon, just mount R/W and long press it, then select "Open in text editor".
  3. Lidback

Lidback New Member

Problem solved. Thanks.
Search tags for this page

es file explorer can not mount files for r/w

es file explorer rooted permissions edit

get to protected file root android

how to mount es file explorer as r/w

kenapa root explorer protected

mount r/w in es esplorer

root explorer star warfare