Pros and cons

sharkattack99

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy S8+
Love my note 2 had it since the day it came out have had only one issue and it was with the media dock picture wouldnt show up on the tv samsung went through some things had me pull the battery for a about 30 sec. And presto it fixed it so not a major issue but this phone rocks. Came from a droid razer maxx and that was the result of coming from a bionic replacement issue with data dropage.

Sent from my Galaxy Note 2 using Droid Forums

OP
tituswife

tituswife

Reaction score
Love my note 2 had it since the day it came out have had only one issue and it was with the media dock picture wouldnt show up on the tv samsung went through some things had me pull the battery for a about 30 sec. And presto it fixed it so not a major issue but this phone rocks. Came from a droid razer maxx and that was the result of coming from a bionic replacement issue with data dropage.

Thank you for that information. All these tidbits will help when I get mine set up.

sharkattack99

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy S8+
Hey no prob u will love ur note 2. :)

OP
tituswife

tituswife

Reaction score
Phone is here! I'm charging it, while still trying to get Otterbox apart!

It looks like my HTC chargers are only half the voltage (?) of the Note chargers. Should I only use Note chargers, or will the others just take longer to charge the phone?

So many questions! Thank you all for your patience.

tgyberg

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2XL & Pixel C
Phone is here! I'm charging it, while still trying to get Otterbox apart!

It looks like my HTC chargers are only half the voltage (?) of the Note chargers. Should I only use Note chargers, or will the others just take longer to charge the phone?

So many questions! Thank you all for your patience.

My Moto charger works. Sometimes tho under battery, it shows charging as USB and not AC. If it shows USB, just unplug it and keep trying until it reads AC.

sharkattack99

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy S8+
I would just stick with the note 2 charger takes forever to charge with others.

jseah

Reaction score
I know that the Samsung charger is rated for 2 amps, so using any charger less than that will result in a longer charge time. I'm still using an old Blackberry charger in the bedroom, and it charges fine overnight while I'm sleeping. By the time I wake up in the morning, the phone is fully charged. In my home office, I'm still using the HTC charger that came with my old Rezound. The HTC charger seems to charge ok. When I have it plugged in, it seems to recharge at about 20-25 percent per hour.

I did have to replace my car charger though. I had a Griffin 1 amp charger in the car (has two USB ports, but only one was being used). When I plugged the Note II into that, it took forever to charge. Without even using the phone (i.e. no nav, etc.) I could have the phone plugged in for a full hour and the phone would only recharge by about 5 percent. I ended up getting a Verizon car charger that is rated for 2 amps and that charges it fine.

OP
tituswife

tituswife

Reaction score
Thank you. I did wonder about buying a car charger.

sharkattack99

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy S8+
Yeah I used another charger and using the phone email checking the web and what not even using it as a hotspot I was acually losing power instead of gaining lol with the charger it came with even with heavy use while charging it charges quickly I should get a new car charger to.

OP
tituswife

tituswife

Reaction score
I'm having difficulty retrieving backups to several apps. Astro says the files are there, but the apps aren't accessing them. Dolphin is one. I've never had trouble with Motorola or HTC phones. Does anyone have a clue?

Thanks!

jseah

Reaction score
I'm having difficulty retrieving backups to several apps. Astro says the files are there, but the apps aren't accessing them. Dolphin is one. I've never had trouble with Motorola or HTC phones. Does anyone have a clue?

Thanks!

Could it be because the backups are saved to your SD card? Remember that with JB, you cannot run apps off of the SD card.

OP
tituswife

tituswife

Reaction score
Could it be because the backups are saved to your SD card? Remember that with JB, you cannot run apps off of the SD card.

I didn't know that! The apps themselves aren't on the SD card, just the data I've saved.

Is there a way to retrieve the data? And, no backups to SD card in the future, for Jelly Bean, anyway.

Thank you!