1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Pro's and Con's of GB update

Discussion in 'Motorola Droid 2 Global' started by NeXtras, Oct 27, 2011.

1. NeXtras

NeXtras New Member

I figured id start a thread where we can consolidate the pros and cons of the GB update

So far here are the pros that i can see:
    -phone is faster
    -no random reboots
    -smoother transitions between home screens
    -access wifi and 3g at sametime (handy for skype)
    -GUI is nicer looking and blue
    -customizeable dock

And for the cons...
    -problem with keyboard and softkeys lighting up
    -apps removed from home screens when sd card unmounted and remounted
    -delay with contacts in text message menu (shows numbers when scrolling fast and names appear after)
    -quick contact box whites out screen insted of overlaying (annoying to me)

And for ones that seem to be up in the air
    -battery life (mine seems better)
    -have seen people with app problems (mainly updating)

Please add!

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums
  2. vikramsingh

vikramsingh New Member

I have been noticing issues with softkeys lighting up. Did not related to GB update....thought some setting went wrong. If this is GB than it is a big issue for using phone in the dark.

Btw, I am seriously loving the new GUI. I know people who just hate it so this maybe a relative "pro" and someone will just come and mention it as con. But now the GUI is lot more unified and polished.

I also think few things are missing...I think there was a 'paste from clipboard' option that had important function for business users. Also you now cannot just swap the contacts list and see social updates.
  3. NeXtras

NeXtras New Member

Im not sure if this is true, or i just could not wake up this morning.:angry: but it seems like the alarm clock wont go off if connected to wifi.. something ill have to mess with and find a more definitive answer
  4. Gasai Yuno

Gasai Yuno New Member

My phone is connected to wifi 100% of the time when I'm at home. I haven't had a single problem with the alarm clock.