Pro's and Con's of GB update

NeXtras

Reaction score
I figured id start a thread where we can consolidate the pros and cons of the GB update

So far here are the pros that i can see:
-phone is faster
-no random reboots
-smoother transitions between home screens
-access wifi and 3g at sametime (handy for skype)
-GUI is nicer looking and blue
-customizeable dock

And for the cons...
-problem with keyboard and softkeys lighting up
-apps removed from home screens when sd card unmounted and remounted
-delay with contacts in text message menu (shows numbers when scrolling fast and names appear after)
-quick contact box whites out screen insted of overlaying (annoying to me)

And for ones that seem to be up in the air
-battery life (mine seems better)
-have seen people with app problems (mainly updating)

Please add!

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums

vikramsingh

Reaction score
I have been noticing issues with softkeys lighting up. Did not related to GB update....thought some setting went wrong. If this is GB than it is a big issue for using phone in the dark.

Btw, I am seriously loving the new GUI. I know people who just hate it so this maybe a relative "pro" and someone will just come and mention it as con. But now the GUI is lot more unified and polished.

I also think few things are missing...I think there was a 'paste from clipboard' option that had important function for business users. Also you now cannot just swap the contacts list and see social updates.

OP
N

NeXtras

Reaction score
Im not sure if this is true, or i just could not wake up this morning.:angry: but it seems like the alarm clock wont go off if connected to wifi.. something ill have to mess with and find a more definitive answer

Gasai Yuno

Reaction score
My phone is connected to wifi 100% of the time when I'm at home. I haven't had a single problem with the alarm clock.