1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

proper router settings for Wi-Fi

Discussion in 'Android General Discussions' started by mchoffa, Jan 23, 2010.

1. mchoffa

mchoffa New Member

I currently use WPA2 for my router settings, and my other devices are just fine... Wii, iMac, EEE pc, iPod touch... all getting great connections from all over the house...

that said, my droid and my wife's droid both get very weak connections no matter where in the house we are... to the point that we lose connection and just have to turn wifi back off to get things to load...

I'd be fine with this except that youtube loads low quality on 3g but higher on wifi, and uploading is just horrible using 3g (and doesn't even upload at all through youtube)

so that said, what are the ideal wifi settings for the router to get a good connection?
  2. hookbill

hookbill Premium Member Premium Member

3. mjs31

mjs31 New Member

I don't know of any specific setting that would help. I have a Dlink wireless N and actually get very good reception throughout the house, in the back yard and out to the street.
  4. JimMariner

JimMariner Rescue Squad

I use Linksys routers most of the time. Mainly, because I flash them with DD-WRT Firmware. This firmware allows more access to the routers functions. As in Power OutPut, Channels Used, Many more config options. Most routers are under utilized. I run two wireless networks at home too. An "N" for my DTV DVRs and my Laptop. A "G" for eveything else that is wireless at home. My Droid has no problem connecting to the WPA or WEP networks I use, at home or at work.

I have always found that router placement is the most important aspect.
Search tags for this page
android wifi router settings
best modem wifi settings for android
best router for android
best router settings for android
best wifi router settings android

best wifi router settings for android

configuring a wifi router for android
how do you setup a router from android?
router setting for android
router setting for android phone

router settings for android