Promised upgrade

greyghost04

Reaction score
Talked to the Verizon guy today. He called HTC for me. Got back on the line with me and told me the upgrade/fix is a week away. He did offer me a new Thunderbolt. I said no when he told me it would be someone's return. But it is completely certified. I said I'd keep the devil I know.:icon_evil:

ck3jr

Reaction score
And I just talked with a Vzw rep and he said that the TB has not been out long enough to have a used replacement (certtified) he said they was all new ones just in a certified box...

Ambushbug

Reaction score
how is that certified?

that means absolutely nothing.

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using DroidForums

Pretty sure he means the replacement phone they were offering to send him was certified, meaning checked out and supposedly as good as new, and not that the information about the update was certified.

nonnasmyladie

Reaction score
Website
www.leonhascal.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
Nonnasmyladie
Ya I would not Taliesin a used replacement and I doubt they have new replacements.

These things have been breaking and getting returned plenty.

sent from my thunderbolt

Ambushbug

Reaction score
And I just talked with a Vzw rep and he said that the TB has not been out long enough to have a used replacement (certtified) he said they was all new ones just in a certified box...

If he said that I'm pretty sure he lied to you, there have been a ton of exchanged TB's.

Technoman

Reaction score
It is amazing that a Verizon rep supposedly got you on the phone with HTC and you got that answer... I asked both HTC and VZWSupport on Twitter where the update was and I got nothing but crickets chirping.

Silence is a response!!

mtnbkrbob

Reaction score
im on my forth tb and its worse than my original. big red has boxs of bad phones that are returned because of rebooting they check em out then send them back out even if they have something else wrong with them. my second tb the speaker didnt workand my current one the media volume stops working every couple days but its easier to put up with it and hope the gb update fixes it and if it dont then im rooting again. and yes i do beleive this device will be forgotten as soon as the droid 3 and bionic are released.

porsche996

Reaction score

BS.

I know, because I just ordered a certified phone last week, and the one I got had to have been used before... The digitizer screen was popping out, the volume button up didn't "click" when you pushed on it (so you had no feedback that it was working without looking at the screen), and it came with an aftermarket battery.

THAT was a used phone... And it was definately NOT "like new" condition. Long story short, I got my replacement T-bolt yesterday that IS new, and there's a world of difference between it and the "certified phone".

porsche996

Reaction score
Talked to the Verizon guy today. He called HTC for me. Got back on the line with me and told me the upgrade/fix is a week away. He did offer me a new Thunderbolt. I said no when he told me it would be someone's return. But it is completely certified. I said I'd keep the devil I know.:icon_evil:

No offense, but I'd bet $100 all he did was put you on hold, talk to his cubicle mate for a bit, get back online with you, and then feed you a line of BS that would get you to hang up happy...

There's 0% chance he actually got hold of an HTC representative that would give him an actual response about an upcoming product release... A verizon customer service agent is barely a half-step above the ladder over the consumer, especially when it comes to contacting another company...

eddiemro

Reaction score
My patience finally ran out today and I called Verizon so they can resolve my issues with all the daily reboots. After being passed around to several people they had a supervisor give me a call back. Long story short, she told me that the supposedly update is now expected sometime in Aug. She offered to send me a refurbished phone. I said absolutely not and then she said she could send me a brand new droid X. I will keep my TB and when the update comes out then I can switch back to the TB and keep both phones. So I think this is an acceptable resolution. Maybe I will get lucky and receive a X2...

Jacob9424

Reaction score

Funny how people posted that reps said this same exact thing two weeks ago...do you see an update? Nope.

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

rbw62

Reaction score
I do not see any OTA.

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

zwegan

Reaction score
Why do people think that these reps know ANYTHING?

They are minimum wage morons whose job is to say whatever they can to get you to either fork over money for a new phone or to keep you from actually costing the store any money.

Unless you happen to get when who is a phone junkie like people here are then all you are getting out of them is made up information.