Reaction score
whooohooo ok now time to go to sleep

Attachments

• snap20101010_025036.png
    snap20101010_025036.png
    35.5 KB · Views: 527

dricacho

Reaction score
So where is the how-to for applying this kernel? The webpage states that Fascinate and Epic4G builds are not yet available but planned.

Hawk

Reaction score
Just download rename to update.zip and install with CW as you normally would. Works perfectly for me.

OP
khaf

khaf

Reaction score
no no no no dont ever rename it to update.zip when you root your fascinate and put cw mod on it the update.zip is how you get into cw mod. You dont have to change the name just go into cw mod find the file and install it it will take a while for the changes so be patient if you have any questions write me on gmail [email protected]. The voodoo page wont put it up officily untill beta 5 but the other link still has the file and everyone on xda are freindly and will help you if you need it.

dricacho

Reaction score
I just read this thread. I just want to make sure I understand this correctly. I just rooted my phone yesterday because I want to use Orbot. I am having some lag issues and I heard about this lag fix. I'm still on 2.1 and would like to update to 2.2 when it comes out (who knows when). So the question is this, if I install CW and run the voodoo_kernel_0.1.zip to install lagfix, what would I have to do to get the 2.2 update when it finally comes?

OP
khaf

khaf

Reaction score
I just read this thread. I just want to make sure I understand this correctly. I just rooted my phone yesterday because I want to use Orbot. I am having some lag issues and I heard about this lag fix. I'm still on 2.1 and would like to update to 2.2 when it comes out (who knows when). So the question is this, if I install CW and run the voodoo_kernel_0.1.zip to install lagfix, what would I have to do to get the 2.2 update when it finally comes?

its easy to undo the voodoo kernal as for the 2.2 update I dont know its not out not even a leak. Install the kernal Im telling you i thought it was a lil bs untill I installed it. I have the DX D1 and Fascinate in my house and the Droid phones cant touch the Fascinate right now. I almost forgot to mention think of how it will be when we get 2.2 witgh the voodoo kernal. Ive seen kernals on XDA that overclock to 1.2 ghz and experimental ones up to 1.6 so you know that soon the voodoo kernal should be able to oc too.

dricacho

Reaction score
I don't want to get my phone up to a point where I will have all kinds of issues updating it to 2.2! I was trying to hold off rooting my phone until 2.2 comes out but I wanted to use Orbot which requires the phone to be rooted. So I rooted. Now that I'm rooted, I just want to get lagfix and I'll be good til whenever 2.2 arrives for us.

From what I've read so far, adding the disable-lagfix within the /sdcard/voodoo folder is all I needed. Then do adb shell ">/sdcard/Voodoo/disable-lagfix". Is this all I need to undo lagfix?

its easy to undo the voodoo kernal as for the 2.2 update I dont know its not out not even a leak. Install the kernal Im telling you i thought it was a lil bs untill I installed it. I have the DX D1 and Fascinate in my house and the Droid phones cant touch the Fascinate right now. I almost forgot to mention think of how it will be when we get 2.2 witgh the voodoo kernal. Ive seen kernals on XDA that overclock to 1.2 ghz and experimental ones up to 1.6 so you know that soon the voodoo kernal should be able to oc too.

OP
khaf

khaf

Reaction score
trust me get the voodoo kernal you will be able to get 2.2 easy by removing it thats even if you have to. I promise it will make a big difference with your phone. Theres an app in the market place that will turn it off for you now it doesnt get any easier than that. Oops just looked at the bottom part of your post and the answer is yes with all of the friendly people on Droidforums and XDA nothing is difficult If you run into problems id even give you my Gtalk name or Google Voice number so i could help you.

jrl9851

Reaction score
Best thing I've done to this phone hands down. Love the speed!

jrl9851

Reaction score

What is Orbot?

dricacho

Reaction score
Thanks bro! I'll give it a try and report back.

trust me get the voodoo kernal you will be able to get 2.2 easy by removing it thats even if you have to. I promise it will make a big difference with your phone. Theres an app in the market place that will turn it off for you now it doesnt get any easier than that. Oops just looked at the bottom part of your post and the answer is yes with all of the friendly people on Droidforums and XDA nothing is difficult If you run into problems id even give you my Gtalk name or Google Voice number so i could help you.

OP
khaf

khaf

Reaction score
1.2 ghz wasnt playing nice with my phone went to 1ghz lol. Its not like I needed the speed increase fastest phone ive used. These Galaxy S phones are legit