Project Elite v2 Bug Thread (if there are any ;))

Discussion in 'Project Elite' started by huskerkate, Oct 8, 2010.

1. huskerkate

huskerkate Premium Member Premium Member

Ratings:
    +10
    i'm just copying Wozzy's idea of starting a bug thread for PE v2, so we can keep an eye on things, and keep everything straight. like the last one, i expect this will be a pretty short thread. ;) nah, seriously, if anyone has any issues, please list them here, with details, and we'll see what we can do.

just remember, the first thing you'll be asked is whether you wiped data and cache before install. ;) so let us know that, first. Thanks!!
  2. neohodge

neohodge New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Calender

The google calender widget's font color is off white on a white background and also the calender is straight black.
    please fix i enjoy the rom a lot its smooth and speedy but i live by my calender.
  3. neohodge

neohodge New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    thumbs up on the ROM btw
  4. huskerkate

Ratings:
    +10
    Did you flash the calendar update zip from the op of the main thread??
  5. BlackDiamond

BlackDiamond Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Can not Install APK's..dont know if it is the ROM or my phone..The APKS keep coming up saying "this file can not be veiwed here"..
  6. huskerkate

Ratings:
    +10
    what apk's are you trying to install? how are you trying to install them?

7. BlackDiamond

BlackDiamond Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I tried to install the black apks (twitter,facebook,pandora) on the stock theme that tapout sent me, and now that I'm on the galaxy theme I don't need them but I want the HTC White keys apk. But it keeps coming back that "this file can not be veiwed here" I'm at a lose I don't know what the problem is...

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk
  8. BlackDiamond

BlackDiamond Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Oh and I have tried different apps to install them apkinstaller, I tried root explorer..

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk
  9. Ludaddy

Ludaddy New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Unless i am doing thing wrong. When i am typing a chat or searching it is not coming up with words that it thinks i am trying to spell. Its not showing suggested words while i am typing. This is selected in the settings also so its not just not doing it.
  10. huskerkate

Ratings:
    +10
    Did you try installing thru app mgr in Astro?? I'm a little at a loss. Hopefully the smart people in here can give you better help...sorry!

What keyboard are you using? Physical or onscreen? If onscreen, which one - D1, D2, htc, etc??
  11. huskerkate

Ratings:
    +10
    Black Dmnd, I just installed DM Updater apk thru app mgr on Astro with no issues. Maybe you need to reflashrom...??. Try without wiping, first...
  12. actngrezy

actngrezy Active Member Developer

Ratings:
    +2
    I also installed htc keyboard using root explorer. I click on htc keyboard then an option comes up asking me if i want to install with package installer or crutch lite......firt try package installer. That worked for me if it doesn try using crutch lite.
    The apks tapout sent you may not be signed so if they are not signed you will not be able to install them by clicking on them and installing.....you would need to take root explorer paste them into system/apps. Change the permissions to (check read under user,group and others. Check write under user) then reboot your phone. As far as htc keyboard not install also make sure you have allow install from unkown source in settings/applications.....also i think astro may have a setting for allow apps to install from unknown sources........if this doesn not work im not really sure whats wrong.
    When you installed the rom did you wipe? And if yhou did did you install using rom manager or a recovery system? Install roms from rom manager can be a little flaky and cause minor issues. Plus if you use clockwork you should wipe fata but also format system,format boot,format data/ and format cache.....this gives you the cleanest install possible. Eveytime i install i use adb and format all partitions just to be on safe side.......just cover all basis on what the ikssue could be. Try those first couple of things and let me know if anythings changed
  13. actngrezy

actngrezy Active Member Developer

Ratings:
    +2
    I just reread what u said and u even tried different apk installers. Thats weird theres something going on thats not right. I would def just try and install the rom again. You caninstall right over urs and see if that works if not i would wipe then use clock work or adb to format your partitions. After that u should have no issues unless there is an app cause a conflict with your system.
  14. Ludaddy

Ludaddy New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I am using the on screen keyboard and this is on a D1 by the way.
  15. WoZzY

WoZzY The GRD Dev Team Premium Member Developer

Ratings:
    +1
    any way to fix this battery increment it only goes down by 20%'s witch is cool but I am a person who loves my battery level to be going down by 10% ?????

if it is not a problem to fix if it is dont worry i can t live with it since the Rom is ELITE OVER ANY OTHER ROM I HAVE USED TO DATE & LFY rom is very decent but it is just something about Project elite That I love Great work once again guys

dancedroid:icon_ banana:dancedroid:icon_ banana:dancedroid:icon_ banana:dancedroid:icon_ banana:dancedroid:icon_ banana:dancedroid