Project Elite FAQ

Discussion in 'Project Elite' started by GirLuvsDroid, Mar 2, 2011.

1. GirLuvsDroid

GirLuvsDroid New Member

We've created an FAQ at Project Elite to make finding answers to a lot of your PE questions easier.

You can find it here: Project Elite.

We'll try to keep updating it and your suggestions for items we should include in the FAQ are welcome -- just PM me or post them in this thread.

We hope it helps!
  2. xkape

xkape Premium Member Theme Developer Premium Member

Yet one more thing that puts PE above and beyond all other ROMS.
  3. burntorangefan

burntorangefan New Member

Good news. Thanks GLD.
  4. Alastrionia

Alastrionia Sourcery Themer / Designr Theme Developer Premium Member

Great read and extremely thorough.
  5. droidlady05

droidlady05 New Member

GLD, just read the FAQ. Great job very informative! One question, if an user switched to RZRecovery can you still use ROM Manager to fix the permissions? I haven't uninstalled RM, yet. Will there be compatibility issues mess things up, or is this a non-issue?

Thank you in advance?

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App
  6. GirLuvsDroid

GirLuvsDroid New Member

Good question, but it's a non-issue. I have RZRecovery, but use ROM Manager to fix permissions and there's no conflict at all, because ROM Manager doesn't use recovery to fix permissions.
  7. gertman

gertman New Member

FYI this whole topic of Actenzy I'd no longer showing up for me when I go to Droidfourms I am only able to get to this topic by way of my "favorite " on the app. This is the same when I fry to acres the site from the PC. What's going on? Sorry if I posted this in the wrong topic.

8. Exayex

Exayex New Member

The forum changed its name from Actngrezy to Project Elite.

9. Pastor Ron

Pastor Ron New Member

Great job; I just breezed through the info and it's great. One question I still haven't gotten an answer to is about custom ring tones. Even after going through my contacts and redoing them, I still get only the default ring tone when a call comes in. It doesn't matter if I use Zedge to set the tone or the Android system; there is no difference. Admittedly, this problem has been around for a long time, but it does not work at all in PE5. Any help would be appreciated.
  10. racketier

racketier New Member

This is great GLD!

I'll be interested to see if you guys can keep it up to date (which is easier said than done)
  11. mojo_droid

mojo_droid Premium Member Premium Member Developer

when youu installed pe did you do a full wipe and did you make sure you didnt restore any system data from previous roms?
  12. Pastor Ron

Pastor Ron New Member

@mojo_droid: Thanks for the reply. Wipes were done. I followed GLD's guide, which, BTW, is quite informative. Should I reinstall? Thanks for the help.

The custom ring tones issue is not going to turn me away from this amazing ROM, but I sure would like to get it fixed.

Secondly, between day before yesterday and today, I lost navigation while traveling because the GPS signal just quit. I got lost today and had to do the airplane mode on and off thing before getting on the road again.
  13. mojo_droid

mojo_droid Premium Member Premium Member Developer

yea, those issues are not normal, i suggest reinstalling after a complete wipe and make sure you are careful when restoring your apps and data so you don't restore anything that causes issues with your phone
  14. Pastor Ron

Pastor Ron New Member

Okay, after spending about 4 hours getting things set again, custom ring tones are still not working. I followed GLD's guide, and this time I made 100% sure no system info was restored, as per instructions.

I am getting ready to get out on the road for a trip and will evaluate the GPS issue again. Will keep you posted.
  15. Pastor Ron

Pastor Ron New Member

Well, after a long road trip yesterday, I did see quite an improvement in the GPS issue; there was only one reboot!

The lack of custom ring tones issue has me stumped, though. It's quite puzzling.

The only other issue is with Facebook not syncing properly. I have to log out and then back in so that FB continually syncs. This happens every time I reboot or plug the phone up to the computer to manage files. After turning USB off, I have to do the FB thing all over again.

This is still a wonderful ROM, but I may need to go back to 4.2 for a while. PE ROMS are tops as far as I see. Thanks for all the hard work.
  16. Nick177th

Nick177th New Member

I'm having the same problem with custom ringtones. I also did a complete wipe. Usually, I have this problem when I'm using SetCPU. I haven't used setCPU since I flashed PE v5 though. Stumped.
  17. Pastor Ron

Pastor Ron New Member

Okay, I think I've got this thing figured out, but need help in carrying out my theory.

I just changed one of my custom ring tones to one that came with the PE5.02, and it worked just fine. My theory is that for some reason or other, the dialer (or whatever) doesn't go fetch the custom ring tone, but just grabs the default.

How do I put the ring tones I've downloaded from Zedge into the system's ring tones folder? I also want to delete the ones I'll never use, giving me more room to move my downloaded tones into the appropriate folder under /system? Does this make any sense?

EDIT: I think I figured it out with a simpler solution. I installed an app called Ringo Lite and then locked it in to memory. It seems all is well for now, but will test it out more tomorrow. Wonder is there's an app which is included with the ROM that will do the same thing.
    Last edited: Mar 7, 2011
  18. Pastor Ron

Pastor Ron New Member

The ring tone fix in the above post doesn't work; it looked like it would at first, but it is a definite bust.

Even though I have busy box installed, I can't use terminal emulator to delete the system ring tones and place the ones from Zedge in the same spot.

I guess I'll just learn to live with one ring tone. The rest of the ROM is incredible and I appreciate all the hard work the devs have put in its development.
  19. Pastor Ron

Pastor Ron New Member

Completely solved; I went back to PE4.2 and it works just fine. Thanks for a great GB ROM. It might just be a limitation in GB and I'm sure the guys will get this fixed in future edits.

A couple of issues had me scrambling a few times, especially on trips where I depended on my phone.

Again, thanks. 4.2 is the ticket for me now.
  20. glhelinski

glhelinski New Member

there's usually a wired tether in these roms...did i miss it somewhere (pe 5.0.2)?
    Last edited: Mar 15, 2011