Project Ara: The direction

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
ZTE-Eco-Mobius-vs-Motorola-Ara-project-phone-pic-11.jpg

[video=youtube;18LU5UtG5-M]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=18LU5UtG5-M#t=316[/video]​

Starts at around 5:20 ends at about 29:00
Very innovative and hope it grows into something game changing.

OP
pc747

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Stay tuned for continual coverage of Ara news as I will continue to update the forum regularly.

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
I participated with the dscout app regarding Project Ara for a bit, it's a gamechanging idea. Even if it doesn't hit the market, just the thought of it and this prototype module will get manufacturers thinking of changing things up.

I also think that since hardware has hit a plateau, this new route gives the users what they want and pay the price that they want for their phones, barely any compromises need to be made.

OP
pc747

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I participated with the dscout app regarding Project Ara for a bit, it's a gamechanging idea. Even if it doesn't hit the market, just the thought of it and this prototype module will get manufacturers thinking of changing things up.

I also think that since hardware has hit a plateau, this new route gives the users what they want and pay the price that they want for their phones, barely any compromises need to be made.

Watch the video and it will blow your mind where they are going with it. And the fact it is still in the beginning stages...WOW. I say give it 2 years before it can become something that can be fully embraced by the public (by public I mean geeks and avg users).

OP
pc747

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Project Ara

^ to follow the project (which I will be doing).

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Watch the video and it will blow your mind where they are going with it. And the fact it is still in the beginning stages...WOW. I say give it 2 years before it can become something that can be fully embraced by the public (by public I mean geeks and avg users).
Unfortunately don't have 3hrs to spare right now, but I have added it to my "watch later" list.

I too am amazed at how far it's come along and it's just in the beginning stages. I really do hope other manufacturers jump on this ship and start building modules for it. Alot of big name companies could really cash in on this.

OP
pc747

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Dezy its actually only 25 mins long. Its from 4 min mark to about the 29 min mark

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Dezy its actually only 25 mins long. Its from 4 min mark to about the 29 min mark

Just saw your edit:p

I'll definitely give it a look later tonight for sure though.

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7

Just saw your edit:p

I'll definitely give it a look later tonight for sure though.

Actually from about 5:20 to 29:00...

johnomaz

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel 2XL
Definitely has my interest. I've built my own computers forever. I've never bought a brand named computer. I would do this in a heart beat assuming its not $1000 for a phone.

matukqo

Reaction score
That ZTE concept design phone in the picture looks like a very nice looking device, I for one am not a huge fan of the red wave type design Motorola used in the video.
Only time will tell to see where companies go with it... Looks good from the consumer standpoint.

swc2001

Reaction score
Wish I could see it..... it says Video is private!