[Proj] Need help porting HTC keyboard, will solve a major flaw in the droid!

averma1

Reaction score
1 thing droid doesn't do is make spell correction easy, if we can port his from the Evo 4g spell correction will be as easy as a giant arrow under a keyboard!

attachment.php

If you have an xda membership i posted it over there as well
link:
[Proj]Evo 4g keyboard - files attached, need someone to port plz - xda-developers

but basically I need someone who has experience with the HTC IME to modify this so it can run on a generic android device

The necessary files are attached from a evo 4G system dump
here: https://docs.google.com/leaf?id=0B1Tco8Vp4APbYzUwMzBlNTgtYzUzYi00YTY5LTkwMGYtMTk5NmQ1NGNjNDM4&hl=en

if you need additional files just ask, and if you need access to the sys dump yourself here's a link to the download
link: RapidShare: 1-CLICK Web hosting - Easy Filehosting

and here's the original thread i downloaded it from
link: HTC EVO 4G System files - xda-developers

Last edited:
OP
A

averma1

Reaction score
The htc ime has already been ported to the droid/milestone..

look closely this is the Evo 4G keyboard, its the only one with arrows on the bottom (to compensate for the 4g's lack of trackball) and if we can port it to the droid or generic android device it would make spell correction a lot easier (i know we have a dpad but some people dont like sliding it open just to correct 1 mistake) plus this would help anyone with a Samsung, Acer, or X10 and any other device

Sent from my Milestone using Tapatalk

rjax

Reaction score
At least as of v25 the HTC_IME keyboard that's already ported lets you use the volume rocker as a cursor forward/backward button...

brochaos

Reaction score
wouldn't the htc_ime guy be the best person to implement this? currently my fave kb by the way, but i would welcome any improvements!