Programs Running Without Me Opening Them

detacht69

Reaction score
Hi, I'm just curious as to if this is normal, When I open Advanced task killer, there's a list of apps that are running that I haven't opened. I assume this is hogging CPU power, it's the worst when I first boot up my droid. Is this normal or is there something I can do to stop it? Thanks.

edit: Droid Inc 2.1 update-1 rooted

Darkseider

Reaction score
OP
D

detacht69

Reaction score
OK. First things first, uninstall the Advanced Task Killer and BURN IT!!! BURN IT WITH FIRE!!! Now that I got that out of my system. The apps aren't running. There is nothing wrong. They aren't burning through CPU cycles, memory and battey. Leave them be they are your friends. If you have any questions read this:

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-applications/65483-task-killers-answer-google-developers.html

lol thanks for the tip, I thought I had heard bad things about task killers, but it came on the phone so I was conflicted. the dummy at the store musta installed it.

Darkseider

Reaction score
OK next question. Why in the hell are you still running 2.1 on a DInc AND rooted? Throw on a nice 2.2 ROM and kernel combo and unlock the full potential of your phone.

OP
D

detacht69

Reaction score
Well, I rooted my droid a few days before the 2.2 came out, and I was just a lil confused about what to do to get to 2.2 from where I am, and so I haven't gotten around to researching it.