Productivity & Organizational Apps

pyro6128

Reaction score
What are some good productivity and or organizational apps you guys recommend. So far I've been using

Personal Assistant free
Astrid
Quick Calendar
S2 Calendar
GDocs

I'm really loving personal assistant and Astrid.

Wendy

Reaction score
I like Remember The Milk. I've been using the trial for about 10 days, and I'm pretty sure I'll pay the $25 and get the pro account. I'm not crazy about a yearly fee, but I like the fact that it has an online version. I have also installed a version on my itouch and they sync together beautifully. Around the house I can use my itouch and save the battery on my Droid.

Over50Droid

Reaction score
GPS/Location Initiated Pop-up Note

I'm looking for a productivity program that will create a pop-up and audible alert letting me know something has to happen at this particular location. Example - Let's say I'm doing a home repair project and use up all of a particular supply. I don't need to run to the hardware store now to get it but want to remember to pick it up the next time I go. Since I go to the hardware store a lot for immediate needs, I want to be reminded that I need something else. Creating a note does not work for me as I would need to remember to look at the note. I need my phone to say "Hey, look at me" and tell me what is on the note. I need a pop-up as I'm not used to looking at the notification bar for little icons. Openloopz has what I need except for the pop-up. I've tried Locale with Astrid and they were not accurate enough for me.

Any ideas?

jsh1120

Silver Member
Reaction score
I'm looking for a productivity program that will create a pop-up and audible alert letting me know something has to happen at this particular location. Example - Let's say I'm doing a home repair project and use up all of a particular supply. I don't need to run to the hardware store now to get it but want to remember to pick it up the next time I go. Since I go to the hardware store a lot for immediate needs, I want to be reminded that I need something else. Creating a note does not work for me as I would need to remember to look at the note. I need my phone to say "Hey, look at me" and tell me what is on the note. I need a pop-up as I'm not used to looking at the notification bar for little icons. Openloopz has what I need except for the pop-up. I've tried Locale with Astrid and they were not accurate enough for me.

Any ideas?

Note Everything has the notification functionality and the ability to create checklists for things like groceries and supplies. Not sure how much is supported in the free version. I have the Pro Version and use it for grocery lists, hardware needs, Costco shopping lists, etc.

Unfortunately, for you your requirements, though, I think the "pop up" functionality you're looking for would be difficult to implement unless you want the GPS to track you and alert you that since you're at the hardware store, you need nails.

P.S. I have the "pro" (i.e. paid) version of Note Everything. I'm not sure all the features noted here are available in the free version. I don't think, for example, that "durable checklists" are available in the free version.

jsh1120

Silver Member
Reaction score
I like Remember The Milk. I've been using the trial for about 10 days, and I'm pretty sure I'll pay the $25 and get the pro account. I'm not crazy about a yearly fee, but I like the fact that it has an online version. I have also installed a version on my itouch and they sync together beautifully. Around the house I can use my itouch and save the battery on my Droid.

+1 for Remember The Milk. Been using it for about a month and I appreciate (a) the web interface that allows me to create/edit/manage tasks from my computer as well as from my phone and (b) the integration with Google mail and calendar.

Another plus for RTM is that it "understands" a variety of "date" and "time" formats such as "due in two weeks" or "due in a month" as well as keyboard shortcuts for such commands.

Over50Droid

Reaction score
Unfortunately, for you your requirements, though, I think the "pop up" functionality you're looking for would be difficult to implement unless you want the GPS to track you and alert you that since you're at the hardware store, you need nails.

Yep. I want the GPS to track where I am. Openloopz has a great system but does not do the pop-up or stand alone notification ( I hate listening to the audible notification alert for everything so I turn it off)

PhDCow

Reaction score
I use MyDay to keep track of things that happened on a particular day. Switching from a Franklin Covey paper planner to electronic planning was pretty seamless except that I had used my paper planner to keep track of events that I wouldn't put on my calendar (when my children lose teeth, oil change, etc). MyDay is a nice journal.