Processor=Faster internet???

currensy

Reaction score
Why is the processor so important with the new droids coming out? Dual processor, Snap Dragon...why is that so important? Does it make your internet faster

kptphalkon

Reaction score
Lol.

I dont mean to be mean, but,

Try googling it.

Lol

guest00459

Reaction score
Your internet speeds are independent of your processor, and largely dependent on your data connection. Although when your phone is managing a large number of tasks and filling up its RAM, a faster processor can 'dig' it out of that backlog of information more rapidly. In this sense it would make your apps run more smoothly and thus have less lag when loading various non-internet related tasks which in turn could make the use of what internet connection you have available more efficient.

B

howzball

Reaction score
I've wondered about this myself, most times on my OG Droid it seems rendering web pages is terribly slow and always has been slower than it should be.
I just assumed it was as fast as the phone was able to do it's thing, hopefully newer phones are a bit snappier because for me, looking at web pages on the Droid is too slow.
I still love the phone but surfing the web on it is sort of a drag.

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
It does help render your browser and anything else faster than a single core (think of it as basically having double the power)

However, internet speed itself is independent of the processor, it only seems faster because it renders the webpages faster than a single core unit (Droid).

jacobbond

Reaction score
Slow internet connection + slow processor = everything is really slow
Fast internet connection + slow processor = internet is faster, but not the apps that use it
fast internet + fast processor = a phone able to use the power of the faster internet speed

cpjr

Reaction score
Our phones are basically mini computers....faster processors, more RAM, better hardware will make for a better device that is more capable of doing more things.....its technology advancing.