"process com.android.phone has stopped" X infinite

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by rod, May 11, 2010.

1. rod

rod Member

Ratings:
    +2
    before i start, i just want everyone to know that the phone was rooted with cyanogenmod. i was trying to install the new theme by realigion, the one in beta meant specifically for cm. i know it was in beta, and i made sure to follow instructions to the t. i place no blame on anyone except myself. i knew the risks, and still moved forward. that being said...

...im in trouble. i ran into issues during the theming process, and decided to cut my losses and restore to a backup. the problem is that the three backups that i have used in the past arent working for me now. i have literally used these as restore points on previous restores. but this time, when i restore and the homescreen loads up, im thrown all these "process ________ has stopped...." notices. i cant do anything with the phone during normal operation because of the android.phone notices pops up indefinitely.

using clockworkmod recovery seems to get me nowhere because a) 'wipe data/factory reset' gives me an indefinite "M" logo screen and b) my three previously tried and tested restore points are junk now.

at this point all i would like to do is go back to a functioning phone. it doesnt need to be rooted. it doesnt need anything. well, i wouldnt mind being able to make phone calls with it again... what are my options to factory restore at this point?

(i have tried different methods ive found on this site throughout the morning in between meetings and errands. i wouldnt have started a new thread if one of these worked for me. while it could be true that an answer to this has already been posted, i didnt find it. apologies if its already out there...)

one last word.... arrararaaghgh!!! :frown:

2. rod

rod Member

Ratings:
    +2
Search tags for this page
android.htccontacts stopped working
com.android.phone has stopped working cyanogenmod
cyanogenmod com.android.phone has stopped nook
droid x cyanogenmod 9 process com. android.phone has stopped
proces com.android.htccontacts
process com android htccontacts has stopped