process com.android.phone has stopped unexpectedly solution?

gnasru

Reaction score
New user here; have looked around various forums but cannot seem to find a solution.

I rooted my phone yesterday using the revolutionary method and afterwards installed super manager to delete bloatware. Upon deleting various apps I now repeatedly get the message "The application Phone (process com.android.phone) has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again." with the only option to force close. When I force close the message reappears and I am unable to use my phone. I tried a hard factory reset and now my phone is stuck at Phone Activation with the message still popping up continuously. I believe I must have deleted something I was not supposed to; is there any way of resetting my phone back to the original state or uploading the necessary files back to the TB for it to work? Is there another solution to this? Please tell me I can fix this and that my phone is not screwed. Thanks in advance.

Abe21599

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
did you make a backup in clockwork beforehand? Restore that and youll be good to go.

OP
G

gnasru

Reaction score
did you make a backup in clockwork beforehand? Restore that and youll be good to go.
\

Not sure what that is so I doubt I did it. If I use the same method to root will it fix this issue? Or if I unroot?

Abe21599

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
now that you rooted and modified the file system, unrooting will not fix it. Its really up to you from here since you don't know what app it was you deleted... you can install a custom ROM (or a stock one) and hope it includes that file for your phone, or flash the full RUU file to start over.