Process.Android.process.acore

tehpriest

Reaction score
In aContacts when I try to edit a listing I get the following message.

"The Process.Android.process.acore has stopped unexpectedly"

Stock phone with original home running and no other progs running.

Any ideas?

christim

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Hiyas. I see no responses so I poked around on the net. One guy did a factory reset and the problem went away. Here's some further reading in case nobody here comes up with anything. You can also call Verizon too if you'd like to ask them before doing a factory reset....especially if you have downloaded no apps and have a stock phone. Have you had it for long? Some of the below links get a little technical but here they are in case they help you out.

Android.process.acore has stopped unexpectedly - Android Forums

android.process.acore problem fixed on Android

android.process.acore crashing, how to find out why? - xda-developers

What's in android.process.acore? - android-platform | Google Groups

OP
tehpriest

tehpriest

Reaction score
Thanks for this.

To make things clear I do have other apps loaded but none running (apart from the system ones that are supposed to be thee) on an un-rooted phone using the stock home page with no widgets and 2.01 Milestone FW

christim

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Did the factory reset do it for you? If you called up or returned it let us know so we know how it turned out.

OP
tehpriest

tehpriest

Reaction score
I should have also made it clear this only happens in "aContacts" and not in the ordinary stock contacts app. Not very good at explanations am I :mad:

I have not hard reset as everything else works perfectly though I did pul and replace the battery to work from a fresh powerup.