Problems...

blazehaze

Reaction score
I'm not sure why I got this phone, but I did.

Some time back, I did some sort of an upgrade. I see a reference made to ICS, but I'm not sure if that was the upgrade I did.

First off, is there a way to set it back to the way it was? I don't like the changes this 'upgrade' made.

I will delete e-mail, only for it to come back in the Inbox, after deleting from Trash.

Thanks in advance for any ideas.

John

MattyP

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Hit your "Menu Button" and go to "System Settings" and then "About Phone" and see what System Version you have on your phone.

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
If you have ics it will look similar to this..

DROID RAZR MAXXIMIZED!!!! PREPARE TO BE VANQUISHED!!!

OP
B

blazehaze

Reaction score
It shows 6.16.211.xt 912 (4.0.4)...

And the 'About Phone' looks like what was sent. I guess my phone has ICS then?

I looked around and it seems there are issues with this 'upgrade'...

John

MattyP

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
If you have ics it will look similar to this..

Why aren't you on .215 young man??????
censored.gif

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Lol, cause I don't root.. or side load. I stay stock... we've already discussed that remember? Lol

MattyP

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Lol, cause I don't root.. or side load. I stay stock... we've already discussed that remember? Lol

You clearly have not read my course requirements, you don't HAVE to be rooted!! LMAO
censored.gif

OP
B

blazehaze

Reaction score
It appears that I have upgraded (regrettably) to ICS.

As I write this I have 18 regurgitated e-mails in my Inbox. Why is this happening? Am I doing something incorrectly?

This 'upgrade' to .215...is it going to help matters? Will it void the warranty like 'rooting'?

I appreciate the help, but this e-mail issue is bothersome.

John

MattyP

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
It appears that I have upgraded (regrettably) to ICS.

As I write this I have 18 regurgitated e-mails in my Inbox. Why is this happening? Am I doing something incorrectly?

This 'upgrade' to .215...is it going to help matters? Will it void the warranty like 'rooting'?

I appreciate the help, but this e-mail issue is bothersome.

John

As far as the emails, I don't have the first clue. I have never experienced that issue, but maybe someone else can weigh in on it that might have seen that before.

The .215 leak is a "leak" ... it is just like a regular upgrade, it just got "leaked" to us little people. It will come out as an official upgrade at some point, but it will not void your warranty or anything like that. :)

The .215 leak addresses several things, mainly battery life and some other issues, it's much speedier and snappier, almost everyone who has upgraded has noticed an improvement over .211

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
John, it is possible your email problem is that you may have to redo the settings on your email accounts to sync and/or to delete emails from server when you delete from inbox. Depending on which email client you use (stock, k-9, mail-droid, etc) and which email service you are using (yahoo, hotmail, gmail, etc) the wya you set this up may be slightly different. Try going into your emailsettings, then server settings, then incoming mail. Are there any check boxes towards the bottom that give you a choice something akin to delete email from server when delete from inbox?

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
I think the email issue is possibly Google.. I've been having the issue on and off at times.

OP
B

blazehaze

Reaction score
Matty, I will give that .215 a shot. Again, I appreciate the help given by you and 94...in the Great State! And TisMyDroid- I'll check the settings.
BTW, I see something about a race car? We are the proud owners of a 2011 GT500. Got it for my 65th birthday.

Last edited:

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
blazehaze said:
Matty, I will give that .215 a shot. Again, I appreciate the help given by you and 94...in the Great State! And TisMyDroid- I'll check the settings.
BTW, I see something about a race car? We are the proud owners of a 2011 GT500. Got it for my 65th birthday.

Whoa, you go blazehaze! But not too fast, lol! What a nice birthday present!

Sent from my DROID RAZR Maxx using Droid Forums

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P

That is awesome, very nice ride!

I would try removing the email account and adding it back to see if that helps the situation.