Problems with the Froyo update

X-FAct0R

Reaction score
1.) I have the motorla droid (1st one)
2.) Everything is stock

I've received the OTA update twice now. Each time I choose yes to update, the phone reboots then freezes on the Motorola M logo. I've left it there for well over an hour each time to no avail.

So... I tried to manually update it. I've downloaded the file, moved it to the root of my sd card, however when I try to boot in recovery mode, it freezes on the Motoroal M again.

Any suggestions are appreciated. Thanks in advance!

Abe21599

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
what is your build number in settings and what update are you trying to install?

xkape

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Oddly enough, (I am rooted) every time I flash back to stock, my phone loops. I don't get it either X... I can run any ROM I want except for stock.

I know this isn't the answer so DO NOT follow my advice unless all else fails. If stock just says no, try rooting the phone and running a different ROM. Since you like stock, try something very vanilla looking.

OP
X

X-FAct0R

Reaction score
Any more suggestions? Still haven't seen a real answer? Should I take it to verizon?

B

bradb

SAME PROBLEM! I downloaded the new upgrade in SETTINGS, and it froze. The M logo wont go away. Took it to Verizon, they said I need a new phone. One is on order and should be in on Tuesday. They gave me a loaner till then. I am very angry with Motorola. REALLY REALLY poor quality. I emailed them at Motorola complaining of this. This phone looks like a low budget experiment.

3 battery pulls did NOTHING! This is THE LAST MOTOROLA PRODUCT I EVER BUY. PERIOD. Even if and when they fix it. I am through with them. If I have do DOWNGRADE and go to AT&T for an I phone, I will when this contract expires.

The DROID X is SLOW, pauses sometimes, and not very sharp.

xkape

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
SAME PROBLEM! I downloaded the new upgrade in SETTINGS, and it froze. The M logo wont go away. Took it to Verizon, they said I need a new phone. One is on order and should be in on Tuesday. They gave me a loaner till then. I am very angry with Motorola. REALLY REALLY poor quality. I emailed them at Motorola complaining of this. This phone looks like a low budget experiment.

3 battery pulls did NOTHING! This is THE LAST MOTOROLA PRODUCT I EVER BUY. PERIOD. Even if and when they fix it. I am through with them. If I have do DOWNGRADE and go to AT&T for an I phone, I will when this contract expires.

The DROID X is SLOW, pauses sometimes, and not very sharp.

Can I have your D1? I could get it up and running in less than 10 minutes and sell it on Ebay for $150. Motorola is a top notch phone manufacturer for the Droid. Just because you updated to Froyo and it didn't work out for you, don't bash Moto. They didn't make Froyo. "Low budget experiment" hahahahaha that's funny. The D1 is the best phone I have ever owned and I have seen nothing that even makes me think twice about upgrading.

Next time, instead of getting pissed off and "prematureley" bashing whoever you can think of, come here. I (we) can fix most isues and make your phone run better than Verizon intended it to.

OK, I am going to stop here because I get upset.... just say no xkape... just say no.

Last edited:

xkape

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
And if you do downgrade to an iphone.... good luck, have fun, don't let the door hit ya on the way out.

And if you are wondering about my experience with phones, I have had Verizon since I was 16 and it was a car phone, not a cell phone and they were called Air Touch Cellular. I have had AT&T and my work uses Sprint. Guess what, I forward all my calls to my Verizon D1 because it can actually take the call without dropping it. When it comes to service, signal and happiness, Verizon can't be touched. When they quit toying with the others and unleash LTE... game over.

Last edited: