Problems with the fit to screen

Discussion in 'xScope Mobile' started by Mayday, Jun 12, 2010.

1. Mayday

Mayday New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    This may be a problem with BB, since I didn't notice this as a problem until I installed BB 1.0 (and continued after I installed v. 1.1). However, I'm hoping there is a solution that doesn't include dropping BB. In any event, the problem is that there are now websites that I will visit which will not adjust the text to fit to the screen. Most of them do, but the one I visit the most usually does not. And yes, I did say "usually". About 1 in 10times it will still work. Other times it will work as the page is being rendered, but when it finishes rendering it will go back to normal view (i.e., where the text is not fitted to the screen). I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling, and adjusting the settings in every way I can think of... but with no luck. Any suggestions?

2. rjax

rjax Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Yeah, I've had similar problems and it's really annoying. As a workaround, you can slide the keyboard out till the screen goes landscape, then keep it there or slide the keyboard back to portrait, and the text will reflow each time the keyboard slides in/out.

I've had this problem particularly with Droid-Life.com -- I have xScope set to Android User Agent, but Droid-Life.com set up with the by-domain user agent tool to load as a desktop page, since I don't really like the mobile theme. Every now and then the text fits to screen, but mostly I have to scroll over three or so screens to see all the text.

3. garysui

garysui Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Sorry for the late response.
    Some websites are designed for fixed width (like 960px).
    There are two things to cotrol layout:
    1. Viewport
    2. Layout algorithm
    Since both xSope and stock use the same webkit, the rendering should be the same if set to the same.

Search tags for this page

android fit to screen problem

website does not automatically fit to android screen