Problems with sd card and rebooting

Discussion in 'Adamz' started by Z Droid, May 5, 2010.

1. Z Droid

Z Droid New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    First of all, love the sg rom! Best rom I've used! Although, most of the time it says my sd card is unmounted. If I pull my battery pull out the sd card and restart the phone it will sometimes work. Also, it will go through the boot up screen 3-4 times whenever I turn the phone on. I'm running sg v6.0. Any ideas on how to fix? Thanks in advance!

2. raidzero

raidzero n00b.
    Theme Developer Premium Member Developer

Ratings:
    +3
    Same here. If i mount my SD card to my PC it's fine, but as soon as I unmount it, the droid reboots like 4 times and then it's fine. Glad to see it isn't just me.

3. raidzero

raidzero n00b.

Ratings:
    +3
    I just formatted my phone (data, cache, system, EVERYTHING) I reinstalled smoked glass 6.0.1 and my apps - snesoid, metamorph, digital clock widget, pure grid widget, corporate directory, quick boot, rings extended, astro file manager, setcpu, htc ezinput, spare parts, quick profiles.

same behavior! I thought for sure that I just screwed something up along the way (been running SG for a long time) but apparently not.. :(

4. thatguychuck

thatguychuck Member

Ratings:
    +0
    It probably isn't the same thing, but I once had reboot issues because my droid was set to play a sound on SDcard notification. However, after an install, the file I had as my "default notification" was no longer there, so any time it was scheduled to play that sound it would reboot. Again, it doesn't look like the same thing, but just wanted to add my 02.

5. raidzero

raidzero n00b.

Ratings:
    +3
    This actually makes perfect sense. I have my droid set to play a sound that is kept on my SD card for everything including SD notifications. Of course it will not be able to play the file if the card is mounted to PC.. I will turn this off and give it a shot. Thanks!

However, wouldn't you think google or adamz or diane hackborn (author of rings extended) would have thought of this and when you select a sound file on SD shouldn't it copy it somewhere into the main memory?

EDIT: lo and behold, I can access my SD card via PC as it is meant to be. Thanks! I wonder if this will stop the reboot loop that sometimes comes, but the most common cause of the reboot loop for me was the SD card mounting..

I just tried calling my droid while it was mounted to PC. didn't reboot it just simply did not play the ringtone. It just vibrated.

#5 raidzero, May 10, 2010
    Last edited: May 10, 2010