Problems with root explorer...

IYIaster

Reaction score
Yea... I was moving some files around and renaming them and kind of screwed up. I had two files that had the same file name one was file and one was file.old when renaming them I hit enter in between the file name (I'm used to hitting enter after typing in a command in the console) and then without knowing I did that I saved it. So I have a file that is saved on my phone named file"/n"old (where the /n is where I hit enter) and it saved the file this way. It's really messing some things up in my phone and I don't know how to remove it now.
When looking at the file in root explorer I see file up in the F's and I see old at the very bottom. I've tried everything to remove it I can think of nothing is working. I don't know why root explorer would allow you to save a file with a return key in the middle lol.

TheShamrock7

Reaction score
Did you try to rename it again? Did you want to delete it?

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

OP
I

IYIaster

Reaction score
Did you try to rename it again? Did you want to delete it?

Yea I tried renaming it, but root explorer is seeing the file named file and when you try and move it or delete it or rename it it says it goes trough but doesn't.

TheShamrock7

Reaction score
Try to mount it in top right corner then delete it or change it should work. Might have to reboot if you move it or rename it.

OP
I

IYIaster

Reaction score
Try to mount it in top right corner then delete it or change it should work. Might have to reboot if you move it or rename it.

Already tried that. Boot explore sees the file as "bootanimation" when the file is actually bootanimation(return key)old. When deleting the file it says it goes through i leave the directory and go back in and it's still there. I really need to get the file removed so I can get my boot animation working again...