1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Problems with Root Explorer & SUFBS - Help!

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by krazykid6911, Dec 30, 2009.

1. krazykid6911

krazykid6911 New Member

Hi There, I have downloaded Root Explorer and SUFBS since i am new and cant memorize commands. Neither of these apps are allowing me to copy to any of the system folder, specifially app. heres whats im trying to do, and how im doing it. Im sure its user error.

First i Downloaded Youtube.Zip, and Renamed to Youtube.odex.

Then i opened SUFBS, Clicked on the S and D (mount system and data as read/write.

Next i went to my SD card, selected Copy on Youtube.odex, then naviagated back to system/app and hit paste. it shows the animation that its pasting, but the file is never Written. If i select Cut, the file disapears from the SD card, but never appears in app folder.

Both Programs are doing this, and i cant figure it out. Any Ideas?

Id like to be able to push files to the system without commands, am i wrong in thinking that i can accomplish that with either one of these apps?
    Last edited: Dec 30, 2009
  2. Xystence

Xystence New Member

I am having the same problem right now. I can cut and copy, but the file doesnt get to its destination. All I am doing is trying to change a boot animation this way lol.
  3. krazykid6911

krazykid6911 New Member

Same here, i just want those for all those hacks that involve downloading and replacing a file. Hopefully someone will chime in. Might be a Bug in the Progs.
  4. Bear in NM

Bear in NM Active Member

Not sure if I can help specifically in your situation, as I have moved files with both programs. In SUFBS, you can access the r/w function in another way. Press the phone "menu" key, then select "more". This will pop up a r/w toggle at the bottom of the screen. Perhaps this will work. One other thing is that my lack of issues has been with 2.0.1 rooted, and not any of the flavors of 2.1.

Craig
  5. forkup

forkup New Member

Paste has never worked for me in SFBS either, I assumed it's a bug. Just use the command line or adb.
Search tags for this page
how to copy and paste in root explorer
how to use si file sufbs

sufbs

sufbs ú†ûŒø³øªøŸ
what is sufbs